Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Gaming Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Gaming Forum From any kind of console and PC games to online or flash games, this is the place to discuss anything related to gaming.

Old 06-02-2009, 13:25   #46
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

The PS3 has more gadgets than the Xbox 360, but I honestly don't believe it's worth so much more money than an Xbox. First of all, the amount of good games are practically the same for both consoles. Xbox probably even has some more as it has been on the market longer. Indeed, you have to pay for Xbox Live, but it's also simply put better than Playstation's online content. Also, a lot more people seem to have an Xbox so that's also a plus. And take in mind that Microsoft will slash the prices of Xbox Live at some point in 2009.

Anyway, they're both great, but an Xbox offers you the same quality for a much cheaper price. Also, with an Xbox, you can burn your games on the hard drive since the release of NXE. Huuuuge plus Now the Xbox doesn't make a sound anymore while playing a game.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 14:37   #47
AP
Veteran

Peņa Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

Actually I love playing NHL and FIFA by EA Sports and shooters. I haven't played modern games for ages (since 1999 really) so I know nothing about current game hits.

Feli, you son knows Russian anthem, wow! This game really rocks!

I'm about to choose an XBOX (if I really buy it). BTW is the volume of the hard drive important? What else is important if I buy an XBOX?
Old 06-02-2009, 14:47   #48
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
Actually I love playing NHL and FIFA by EA Sports and shooters. I haven't played modern games for ages (since 1999 really) so I know nothing about current game hits.

Feli, you son knows Russian anthem, wow! This game really rocks!

I'm about to choose an XBOX (if I really buy it). BTW is the volume of the hard drive important? What else is important if I buy an XBOX?
It's not really that important. With a 20gb Hard Drive, you have plenty of room to store plenty of things. However, a big hard drive is very useful to burn games on. I have a 20Gb hard drive and I can only burn two games on it. So if you have the chance to get an Xbox with 120 Gb, it would be pretty convenient. When you burn games onto your hard drive, the Xbox doesn't make a sound anymore, and load times are significantly quicker.

If you like old games, there are plenty of them on Xbox Live Arcade.
Old 07-02-2009, 00:27   #49
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You're my man!
With FIFA 2009, NHL 09 and the 4 Call of Duty games which are available you'll already be fully occupied in the next months.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 14:18   #50
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

By the way, does anyone here have Gears of War? I was bored and it was pretty cheap so I bought it yesterday. It seems a cool game to play in co-op with Xbox Live.
Old 07-02-2009, 18:31   #51
alexuk
Beginner

alexuk is off the scale

i have gears of war 1 and two. They probably have the best campaigns on any games out. Also i was wondering how much you all payed for xbox live membership, and deporiginal do you know when they are reducing prices for xbox live?
alexuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 18:36   #52
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexuk
i have gears of war 1 and two. They probably have the best campaigns on any games out. Also i was wondering how much you all payed for xbox live membership, and deporiginal do you know when they are reducing prices for xbox live?
I didn't pay anything, Microsoft sent me a card when they sent back my repaired Xbox. When I see those cards in the store, they seem to have the same price everywhere. 7 Euros for a month, 20 Euros for three months, and 60 Euros for a year.

I don't know when exactly they'll change the prices, but I've read some articles that Microsoft has hinted at a reduction somewhere in 2009. They'll reduce it cause Microsoft is afraid people are starting to chose PS3 as their online service is free.
Old 08-02-2009, 10:02   #53
AP
Veteran

Peņa Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I have a 20Gb hard drive and I can only burn two games on it. So if you have the chance to get an Xbox with 120 Gb, it would be pretty convenient. When you burn games onto your hard drive, the Xbox doesn't make a sound anymore, and load times are significantly quicker.
So burning games on a hard drive lets the device use a CD seldom so a game runs quicker, right?

One more question. Should an XBOX be connected to internet if I'm not going to play online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
You're my man!
With FIFA 2009, NHL 09 and the 4 Call of Duty games which are available you'll already be fully occupied in the next months.
Leon, we can unfile FIFA (I prefer NHL) but anyway you can see now why I haven't bought the device yet and still have doubts.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:55   #54
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP
So burning games on a hard drive lets the device use a CD seldom so a game runs quicker, right?

One more question. Should an XBOX be connected to internet if I'm not going to play online?
Well, when you've burnt the games on the hard drive, you still have to insert your game disc in the Xbox, cause the Xbox has to recognise the disc. But while playing that game, the Xbox won't be reading the disc at all, it just plays from the hard drive. The only time when it reads the disc is when you insert it. And that only lasts for three seconds. Cause really, the only thing I think is annoying about the Xbox 360, is the insane amount of noise it makes when playing a game. But now that problem is entirely gone thanks to this burning games to the hard drive. It also greatly declines the wear on your Xbox. And load times for a couple of games are really a lot faster, especially for Fifa 09.

And if you're not using online, then your Xbox doesn't need to be connected to internet of course.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:36   #55
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Anyone has been playing World at War on Veteran level (XBOX360)?
Old 11-02-2009, 18:48   #56
Luis Fabiano
Super-Seasoned

Luis Fabiano is off the scale

oh god, Veteran is just too crazy. So many grenade indicators lol they always gives me nightmares after I'm done playing, I even see the damn things when I close my eyes xD
Luis Fabiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 21:49   #57
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

Has anyone read about the controversy around Resident Evil 5? Many are calling the game racist cause the people you shoot in the game are black.

But the game takes place in Africa, it wouldn't make much sense if people there are white. Seriously, there are hundreds of shooters where you shoot white people. Now there's one game that takes place in Africa where you shoot black people, and suddenly a crapload of people call Capcom racist, ignoring the fact that one of the two lead characters in that game is black, while many other black people in the game are quite friendly and helpful.

To me, everyone who calls that game racist should get a friggin' life.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:57   #58
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

There was the same discussion with Gun. The main character is killing 'whites' for 90% of the time, but when he's asked to kill some Indians there were many protests raised (in the end it became clear that the main character was half-Indian himself....).

Everyone has the right to be sensitive about anything, that's good. But I personally do not relate the pixels on my screen to any aspect in real life.
Old 13-02-2009, 15:41   #59
Victorious
Almost Regular

Victorious is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
There was the same discussion with Gun. The main character is killing 'whites' for 90% of the time, but when he's asked to kill some Indians there were many protests raised (in the end it became clear that the main character was half-Indian himself....).

Everyone has the right to be sensitive about anything, that's good. But I personally do not relate the pixels on my screen to any aspect in real life.

The best game i have ever played !!!! But to short though

Victorious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2009, 19:18   #60
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

I bet you didn't play at the toughest level...