Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Current players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Current players & coaches Forum for the current players of Deportivo

Old 21-10-2018, 10:53   #1
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road
Default Francis Uzoho (1998, Goalkeeper)

he doesn't have a separate thread for him

anyways, he played against Malaga on Friday his first match in Sequnda.
he made 2 good saves, seems he will be the first option from now on although I feel he needs more time before giving a secure feeling to his colleagues, his reflex is great but he tends to kick the ball by fists toward dangerous areas instead of catching it.

i wish him all the best
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2018, 12:15   #2
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

We sold him or loaned?

He had normal games on the wold cup also with nigeria.

If he improves and grow as a player why not our 1st keeper in future?
Old 22-10-2018, 08:14   #3
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatex
We sold him or loaned?

He had normal games on the wold cup also with nigeria.

If he improves and grow as a player why not our 1st keeper in future?

he is loaned
in another 2-3 years he could be our first goalkeeper, he has great potential.
Old 25-10-2018, 09:05   #4
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
he is loaned
in another 2-3 years he could be our first goalkeeper, he has great potential.
it would be great, but I dont believe in that. we did not give him the chance this year, which I consider as a mistake.
Old 25-10-2018, 09:33   #5
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
it would be great, but I dont believe in that. we did not give him the chance this year, which I consider as a mistake.

I disagree
he went with Nigeria for 2 weeks and will be missing games also due to this, he was asking for first spot in Depor and DelPozp did not offer that, the best thing was for him to go loaned, also as of now Dani is better than him.
Old 26-10-2018, 03:50   #6
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I disagree
he went with Nigeria for 2 weeks and will be missing games also due to this, he was asking for first spot in Depor and DelPozp did not offer that, the best thing was for him to go loaned, also as of now Dani is better than him.

I don't believe Dani would be first choice if Uzoho got a chance to play. Uzoho though inexperienced played every game he had a chance in like it was a cup final. He was always attentive and always jumping for every ball. He played with a chip on his shoulder and I think he would of given us a great season.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 10:13   #7
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Dani was signed as one of the first reinforcments of the team. Ortola on the other hand came a bit later. If the decision would be made to keep Francis at the A team, Dani would still be in the team, maybe Ortola woudn't come - but that is it.

He is a prospect and I think that he should be kept with us in Segunda (not Fabril), but he would probably be a bench warmer right now. He is getting his chance in Elche, so maybe it was the right call after all.
Old 28-10-2018, 08:50   #8
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitraM
I don't believe Dani would be first choice if Uzoho got a chance to play. Uzoho though inexperienced played every game he had a chance in like it was a cup final. He was always attentive and always jumping for every ball. He played with a chip on his shoulder and I think he would of given us a great season.

I like Francis very much and I hope to see him our fisrt golie soon but if you really watched him last season he had some crazy mistakes, Dani is more consistent than him, iam sure that Dani will also be our first option next year.
Old 28-10-2018, 19:56   #9
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I like Francis very much and I hope to see him our fisrt golie soon but if you really watched him last season he had some crazy mistakes, Dani is more consistent than him, iam sure that Dani will also be our first option next year.

You can't get experience sitting on a bench though. We did the same thing with Fabricio and he ended up leaving. When you have a legitimate prospect you need to give them confidence and practice to develop. Playing in segunda B isn't the same as playing in La Liga so if hes not exposed to the best level hes just going to get complacent. Look at De Gea's first seasons and Sergio Asenjos they made plenty of mistakes but learned quickly.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2018, 20:35   #10
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You can't get experience sitting on a bench though. We did the same thing with Fabricio and he ended up leaving. When you have a legitimate prospect you need to give them confidence and practice to develop. Playing in segunda B isn't the same as playing in La Liga so if hes not exposed to the best level hes just going to get complacent. Look at De Gea's first seasons and Sergio Asenjos they made plenty of mistakes but learned quickly.

Fabricio was brilliant. We should had kept him As I remember he got injury in friendly game in preseason . After that he never played with us. And now Dani is the best keeper after Fabricio, in my opinion.
Old 29-10-2018, 09:14   #11
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Quote:

Fabricio played full season, next one he was injured and did not want to renew the contract, he got decent chance in Depor.

Francis got a chance with first team and WC, he still has too much to learn which is what he is doing now at Elche, that last thing Depor needs now is trying with goalkeepers, we can't afford this and we have bad history with that, we need a consistent keeper that can give confidence and leads us to Primara again asap.
Old 29-10-2018, 11:01   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Fabricio leaving was one of the big problems of the new Depor. His tears were fake, he was after the money. He is a good GK, but I will not remember him fondly, as his departure brought big problems to us.
I hope Francis will be a different case, I also hopše the club (Carmelo especially) makes good decisions in his case. After all the drama, sending him to Elche looks like a good decision for now.
Old 12-02-2019, 12:41   #13
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Things are not working well for him...After losing his starting spot at Elche, and then moving to Cyprus, now he is in the middle of a crazy situation, because his club faked some medical documents and now there is a trial for this that could lead to a punishment of the club (very likely) but even for him as well (unlikely though).

He doesn't have any involvement in this but obviously is affected (Cypriot papers write that he wants to leave)
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote