Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 15-11-2018, 04:06   #16
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

I missed the game. any highlights?
Old 15-11-2018, 07:46   #17
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

I liked how we played, we played with B-team against Bilbao who ended using 4-5 usual starters but we were overall better than them.
Saul OMG his crosses are just amazing, I wonder how he was considered as third option Caballo is good but Saul is for sure better than Dubairbair.
Mosquera had a decent game.
Valentin surprised me alot, in this game he showed that he deserves a chance.
Santos is talented but slow, he scored one of most Beautiful goals we have ever seen in Riazor.
Valle forgot how football is played.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 08:26   #18
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6jIPL975hk
couple of excellent goals, especially the one by Santos..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 08:57   #19
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I watched the game and was really impresed. As in the whole season we fought and never gave up. Athletic was playing on Primera level and we matched it.

Saul was excellent, no problems in defense, always willing to go forward - his crosses were fantastic and his goal great. Definatly MOM.
Boveda and Somma had more problems with Adruriz and the rest and left many doubts. Valentin was terrible on the right, always with problems in defense and a lot of missed passes or lost balls. One cross was nice, but that was about it. Ortola didn't save the goals -both were really good, made some easier saves and got involved in the game pretty well - he is Barca raised afterall.
The midfield trio had a slow start, they were very passive, so the defense had problems with the output of the ball. During the game they improved and in the second half Mosquera finally connected with his teammates and we started to dominate. Gomez helped as well when he came in, also Gil after his entry. Gil was better today then Fede, who he replaced.
Valle and Santos proved that Carlos and Quique still have an upperhand, but that we still have 4 strikers that will be able to compete in Segunda. Santos had to help out Moreno and Valentin on the right side alot, had a few missed chances, but also scored a spactacular goal that came from Saul's assist. Valle is lacking match fitness, but when he starts his engines he is dangerous as well. I didn't like that the front trio didn't put in more pressure on the Athletic back line and the keeper since they had problems with the output.

The Fabril trio played, but weren't really noticed, only Montiel who scored in the penalty shootout. We were not concetrated enough for the penalties - please don't let Boveda shoot it again - it was going over even before he started his run.

Overall a nice test and a good result, we are competitive and have 24+ players in the team. Sadly the trophy isn't ours this year, but I think Natxo got a lot out of this team.
Old 15-11-2018, 11:01   #20
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

Saul deserves to be a starter, we have not had such a good side player with great crosses for years....
Old 15-11-2018, 11:32   #21
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

Thanks hari, I saw hightlights. I liked our play and our goals. Santos and Saul goals were very beautiful. Saul really deserves to be a starter. I dont know why Boveda took penalty??

Anyways, now all eyes on segunda and I hope the players will focus on their mistakes wont repeat them.
Old 15-11-2018, 13:52   #22
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

I usually like homegrown players, but this year Saul is definetely stronger than Caballo. Last games of Diego were average and Saul brings many danger upfront and is solid at back. He is our best assistant after all despite playing so little and both Caballo and Simon have 0 assists.
Tjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 09:09   #23
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Saul is in better form then Caballo now. But also Caballo showed he has no problems in Segunda. As Natxo said Diego is faster and brings more pace, so he can choose him or Saul according to opposition, which is great.
Old 16-11-2018, 12:29   #24
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

I watch the full game we miss many chances if not the score we be 4-2 i love Ortolá keeping and the way he play with foot very good confidence goalkeeper all the player deserve more but saul that to show this talent in premier. Nice goals with great passes.