Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 09-08-2020, 10:31   #16
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Good enough for me at the start. If ever this goes really further, we can still split off to a dedicated online working place elsewhere.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 10:32   #17
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjorni
I'm interested. But I don't have an access to pena section and I don't know how to obtain it/become a pena member.

I will make sure that all interested parties will have access.
Old 09-08-2020, 14:31   #18
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

It will be difficult. When CD Ourense went under they had a debt of around 3M and were a 2B team. The team disbanded and was founded as UD Ourense in the 8th Tier and a lot of it was funded by local sponsors and former players coming back in their late 30's or 40's to help as much as they could as players or coaches. One of the first hires was an Academy Director. Now, their goal is to recruit the best young players in the province (around 300k people) and promote them to the first team where hopefully they will help the first team and eventually be sold. It's a lot easier starting from scratch saying a donation of 100 Euros could buy 10 training shirts or enough beer to sell at the match on Saturday and still having the reputation of still being the biggest club in the province. Unfortunately, now in 3rd division, the team will have to take on some debt to continue and if a promotion to 2B happens, they won't be able to survive without selling the club to an investor. The club survived but many original "founders" have lost a lot of money.

It would be interesting to see if we could get into a smaller Coruña club and become an affiliate of Depor.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 19:22   #19
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lottery loverat
Is this Capella the biggest shareholder in bbva? I don’t know who Manuel Anon Rey is but I’ll google him. Are they both Depor fans?
I can understand no one wanting to take on €100m euros of someone else’s debts but could the three of them not be persuaded to help out with advice or sponsorship just to help stabilise the club?
well, Manuel Jove died in May, but had children:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manuel_Jove

https://www.elmundo.es/especiales/lo...html?c=galicia
Old 25-08-2020, 11:28   #20
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

i was ill last week. But I'm not your mentor, you can discuss without me as well I'll try to arrange the privacy asap.
Old 25-08-2020, 18:15   #21
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am more or less Hun, so my suggestion, don't do anything, but wait for the miracle!
but, really maybe we still stay in Segunda A, and we dont need to take over.
Old 27-08-2020, 21:04   #22
Jakobsson
Almost Regular

Jakobsson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
OK gentlemen,
for me this is as new as for most of you, but i read that some of you have already a similar experience - that will surely come handy.

Most of us knows each other more or less, but just on a 'fan-based' level. So I feel that for starters it would be wise if everybody would make a post with following 4 informative items:

1- your relevant experiences and/or fields of expertise - current or past
2- your knowledge of the club Deportivo, eventually people in the club or (past) players.
3- your main location, and how often you eventually are in the city of A Coruna - or could be if needed.
4- other relevant information you would like to share.

But let's first discuss if we should do this behind closed doors, since we don't want to throw too much confidential information on the street.

I've been waiting for this for ages. I've been following Deportivo since my childhood days and sometimes I've gone far and beyond just to watch the games - since they've barely been shown in Sweden. Been writing about the team in Sweden since 2009 on Sweden's biggest football site. Since we got demoted, I haven't written a word. I haven't checked any news and just shut out football. It was so unfair. But hell yeah, I'd love to do whatever I can to support my passion. Sign me up!

1. I've been a writer since 2009. Studied six years at the university and I'm a graduate in history and Swedish as well as a high school teacher. Right now working as a football writer and a part time high school teacher.

2. Since I've followed this club since 2002-2003 or something I think I have a good insight from there to now. Tried to watch every single game since then and especially from 2009 and forward since I've been writing about Deportivo since then. Also been a member of the Swedish peña since 2009, even though we've never had a meeting.

3. My main location might be a problem though since I live in the northern parts of Sweden (yeah, it's cold). I lived in Málaga for a year and only watched Deportivo at the La Rosaleda. Haven't been in Galicia yet, but I dream of it and would love to go someday. Maybe through this group?

4. Not what I could think of right now. But I'd gladly help in any way I can!
Jakobsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 22:05   #23
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Sorry guys, but I'm just not getting there at the moment. Too many things going on; Covid in children school so having to spent each second full day with daughter and can't work this way. Also launching a new business these months and also there a lot of unfinished preparations
If nobody takes over, I see this continuing somewhere early 2021...