Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Players > Former players & coaches
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Former players & coaches Forum for past players & coaches of Deportivo

Old 01-08-2015, 15:26   #16
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
The guy's 20 already, if he isn't up to at least Segunda level by now, he's never going to make it. This is the problem with Fabril. Our youngsters are too damn old. When you get your debut at Primera at the age of 22... That's just too late. Deportivo B is almost completely worthless in my opinion. It really needs to get restructured.
agree with every single word.
Old 01-08-2015, 15:50   #17
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Same too me some Faril player are too old
Old 02-08-2015, 07:58   #18
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

If we give them a chance when they are 17-18 maybe it would be different. We keep them too long in Fabril afterwards it is already too late as it was mentioned before. The problem is that we can't afford this in the last 10 years due to our fight for survival, If we menage to settle somewhere in the table, but not in the bottom then our youngsters would have more minutes + Copa del Rey. In the end you end up with 10 appereances at the age of 17-18 which more or less gives you some strenght.
Old 02-08-2015, 21:19   #19
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonideportivoBG
If we give them a chance when they are 17-18 maybe it would be different. We keep them too long in Fabril afterwards it is already too late as it was mentioned before. The problem is that we can't afford this in the last 10 years due to our fight for survival, If we menage to settle somewhere in the table, but not in the bottom then our youngsters would have more minutes + Copa del Rey. In the end you end up with 10 appereances at the age of 17-18 which more or less gives you some strenght.
I don't think that's a good excuse. First of all, the average age of Fabril needs to go down a bit. I often see us getting a 19 or 20 year old player for Fabril, from some regional team I've never heard of. I mean, what's the point in that? If the guy had any real talent to play in Primera, he would already be a lot further in his career. When we get players for Fabril, we need to aim for 16 or 17 year olds. And if one of them is actually promising, there should be enough interest from a Segunda team to loan him, teams like Lugo for example, at the age of, let's say, 18.

Now the entire B-squad serves no purpose at all, unfortunately.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:14   #20
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
....I often see us getting a 19 or 20 year old player for Fabril, from some regional team I've never heard of...
That's true this is worthless. Nevermind in particular I was speaking about the players that we already have at this age 16-18 from our academy for instance. Also if we want our youngsters to play loaned at least in Segunda we really need to "escape" from Tercera.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:47   #21
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Dani should be given a chance. I don't know why wasn't he loaned a season ago to a Segunda or Segunda B team. I am sure he has talent, but would need a chance in a 2nd or 3rd tier of Spain.
I wouldn't have resigned his contract and i bealive he will be a decent player if he finds the right team.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:26   #22
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

we have rights over the player in case he becomes the next Rube Castro
Old 10-08-2015, 16:06   #23
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think its a combination of Fabril playing in a higher league, Depor being established in Primera, knowing how to nuture talent from a young age and finally knowing how to get the best out of these players when they reach 19 or 20.

When you look at players like Rochela, Insua, Bicho (all played for youth level of the Spanish national team) and Juan Carlos.
All of these guys looked very promising, but when they reached 18-19, their progress and development seemed to stop.
The club must take some of the blame for this IMO.
Old 11-08-2015, 21:28   #24
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Or else they're just not good enough, Ricardo. I had a soft spot for Rochela, but where is he now. I hoped Insua was the next jewel, but his lustre has faded. Bicho is in and out of the Barca Bees and is unlikely to make it at Primera level.

You're right about the gap between Primera and Tercera. While that is there (at Depor), we'll always be looking to loan our youngsters out to Seunda clubs for experience, thus weakening Fabril's progression further. It's a tough one to resolve.

Last edited by Rack : 11-08-2015 at 21:31.
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 12:51   #25
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

I agree that playing in Tercera does hurt the team a little bit which is why the promotion is so crucial. 2B is a totally different league with the quality of play being much much higher and it really is important to get there. I think Iglesias by the end of his time with Alaves (4 years) will be a very good 2nd Div player but not sure about 1st division. When you look at the national team, how many players played in the youth teams but never made the senior team? The one that does surprise me is Insua as I thought he'd be a good CB for many years but not at a National Team level. It has to be almost 75% but we do need to look at the transition from Juvenil to Fabril a little bit better and get those players into Fabril at 17/18 instead of 19/20 but first we need to guarantee another year in Primera.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 23:05   #26
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

played for Alaves B, and Guadalajara, last 3 seasons he played in Croatia, currently at Rijeka