Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 31-05-2014, 22:48   #4921
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Huge congrats Shelvin!
Enjoy the WC
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 09:34   #4922
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
The Fiji U20 team qualified for the 2015 FIFA U-20 World Cup! This is the first time in history that any Fijian side has qualified for any World Cup!! Its huge for us!!! It was double celebration for me since Fiji qualified for world cup and Depor got promoted!!

congrats man, you reminded me of the feeling when we qualified for our first world cup 1994 ,, I know the feeling .. enjoy it ..and it's a double joy for you
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 12:10   #4923
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

congrats Shelvin!!
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:18   #4924
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

My local club just signed this guy:

fans from Poland and Turkey please let me know what you think of him?
Sultan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2014, 20:48   #4925
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Waregem bought the third Hazard brother, Kylian, after Thorgan's departure. Perhaps we'll get the fourth brother in a few years as well Both Eden and Thorgan always said Kylian is the most talented Hazard. Apparently though, he's not an easy kid to work with, unfortunately. It's crazy that all four of these brothers are all so talented. How often does that happen?

Christian Benteke's younger brother Jonathan is also coming to Waregem.
Old 26-06-2014, 21:11   #4926
Crocodile_Dundee
Veteran

Peña Member

Crocodile_Dundee is an unknown quantity at this point

Reminds me of the Smith brothers from Liverpool in boxing. Currently 3 of them are british champs with the youngest beltless but being tipped to be the best. Very rare for it to happen in football. I can think of the De Boers, Laudrups etc. but 4, would be great to see them all represent Belgium at some point.
Crocodile_Dundee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2014, 20:14   #4927
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I have never been a great Rangers fan, but when all the others sent you down to the hell, they lost my nothing-worthy respect. congrats for winning the third-level, Scott, with losing points only in cases of 3 draws all year long, winning by 39 points lead and scoring more than 100 goals.
Old 28-06-2014, 13:55   #4928
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Another interesting story from Macedonia lol

Vardar got an awfull second halfseason and from the first place on the half season, finished 5th on the end, without even qualifying for Europe.
This year we have much better team, but still there was one signing with interesting story behind him.

Maybe you know that our sponsor is also sponsor of the male and woman handball club Vardar. He signed Andrea Penezic (one of the best handball left backs) for the woman handball club.
As a part of the deal our football club, signed his boyfiend Kobetic (goalkeeper) for the football club
He is way far of the qualities we are searching for...
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 18:50   #4929
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Ferencváros reached a nice 1-1 away in Málta against Sliema Wanderers. What a pity for the missed Maltanese penalty.
Old 27-07-2014, 11:02   #4930
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe football should have been just friendlies after all...

Anyone that watched Lewandowski's and Pjanic' goals this weekend know what i mean
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 10:14   #4931
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

the one of Pjanic was nice. if this is part of his basic knowledge, I hope he can repeat it in Serie A in every second match.
for Lewandowski, I can't really understand, why it is such a hipe for these goals. it is a quite natural solution, when half of the opponent team is dancing in front of you.
Old 28-07-2014, 10:34   #4932
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
for Lewandowski, I can't really understand, why it is such a hipe for these goals. it is a quite natural solution, when half of the opponent team is dancing in front of you.

but they don't do this

But generally players don't take such "risks" during official games. Pjanic for sure has this ability, he can kill a fly from 60m, no doubt, so hopefully we will try sth similar at Serie A.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-07-2014, 12:03   #4933
Philip
Veteran
Peña Member

Philip is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Philip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tQLiTk53sU

He did similar things couple of times. I think Rome will remember the one against Lazio for eternity

But, I hope this is his last season in Roma and Serie A. He was made for bigger things.
Philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 11:49   #4934
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Sometimes it's sad to see how the wealthy clubs in Belgium are being run into the ground by incompetent management.

When Mario Been was sacked at Racing Genk near the end of last season, he was replaced by Emilio Ferrera, a coach who had 1 decent season 10 years ago, but failed at every single club he coached later on. He's been the laughing stock in Belgium for years (kinda like Lotina in Spain right now). He didn't manage to improve Genk's game, but somehow he was given a contract for two more years after the end of the season, resulting in huge protests from Genk-fans.

Now the season has started this weekend, and Genk hopelessly lost 3-1 at KV Mechelen, once again displaying some horrible football and a lack of commitment. Two days later, Genk's management decides to sack Ferrera after the first matchday of the season

So they've thrown away the entire pre-season, and have some doubtful football players in their team who came at the request of Ferrera. Brilliant. When the crisis meeting was over, about a 100 angry Genk fans were awaiting the appearance of manager Houben. He told them Ferrera was fired, and that he'd bring back Mario Been if they wanted to... He was almost lynched by the fans

Mario Been is the FV of Belgium. Seems like a nice guy, everybody loves him and he knows how to play the masses, but tactically he's a disaster. Genk fans had been screaming for him getting fired for over a year. And now the manager proposes to the fans to bring him back... Completely out of touch with the fans, and absolutely clueless. What a mess.

Imagine FV was still our coach this season, and keeps screwing things up with his horrible tactics, ends up getting fired in March. He is replaced by Lotina, of all people, who somehow manages to avoid relegation thanks to some lucky wins, but with terrible football. He gets renewed for two more years, but loses the first game of the season after another miserable display and gets sacked immediately. Then Tino Ferandez goes out to tell the fans that he'll bring back FV if they want him to. That's exactly what happened at Genk

Last edited by deporiginal : 29-07-2014 at 11:54.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-2014, 12:59   #4935
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

in Hun it is said, that the riot started with playing a rookie goalie, instead of the wonder-Köteles.

In Hun, there is a nice story. The state built 2 stadiums for 2 professional football clubs, Debrecen and Ferencváros, each costed 30M EUR... If you recovered from this, now what about the news, that for security reasons, they are gonna use eye and vein-scanners plus a finger-tip database in the Ferencváros stadium?
Until now there is no report, whether you need to take with yourself any other samples produced by your body for an analyse in the stadium. But as far as I heard Ferencváros ultras are ready to take it.
The ticket-prices are dramatically increased, so this new stadium project is surely gonna be a bad business for the state, as Fradistas are gonna stay out.

Anyway, could someone please economically explain me, what is the business in a new football stadium? Beside getting new loans to cash a few new players?