Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 29-06-2017, 17:09   #16
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Couple more things I understood:
1. Abanca will loan €45 million to be given to the Treasury with whom we had short term debts which in turn trimmed down our salary cap..
2. The club will have 15 years to repay the debt to Abanca..
3. The name of the stadium will become "Riazor Abanca" (till 2025, I think) and I understand that some of the interest on loan will be covered by this change..

So all in all it looks like a very positive operation for the club..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 17:42   #17
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

Great news!
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 17:50   #18
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

Herat news
Old 29-06-2017, 17:51   #19
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Great news!
Jose, did you follow it on the radio?
Old 29-06-2017, 18:09   #20
hari

Peña Member

http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n...cid=8102&ctg=2
Old 29-06-2017, 18:33   #21
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

before i party, i'd like to know how much we'll have to pay back in the end.
Gettings loans and stuff isn't the difficult part, ask Lendoiro....
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 18:35   #22
cendekia
Almost Regular

cendekia is off the scale

Thanks God.....it is really great
cendekia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2017, 18:57   #23
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
Jose, did you follow it on the radio?
At work, so I followed it through this forum
Old 29-06-2017, 20:54   #24
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
3. The name of the stadium will become "Riazor Abanca" (till 2025, I think)

well, ok, maybe that's an unavoidable situation due to our current financial situation, but since no locals will be calling Riazor as Abanca Riazor, i kindly ask to not see "Abanca Riazor" at any conversation round here
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 12:49   #25
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

A bit bored, so decided to take a look at the players we've signed during these 3 years and a half of sporting direction under Tino

Counted 46 players, to be divided later into 3 categories

2014 (4)
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán

2014/15 (15)
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Borges, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López

2015/16 (12)
Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Navarro, Arribas, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl,

2016/17 (15)
Babel, Guilherme, Andone, Çolak, Albentosa, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Bruno Gama, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef

FAILINGS:
DECENT:
SUCCESSFUL:

These are my ratings:

FAILINGS (players who underperformed or didn't give the level expected from them, or had few minutes):
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl, Albentosa, Çolak, Bruno Gama, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef.
(34)

DECENT (not particularly brilliant, but at least performed close to the level expected from them, more or less):
Borges, Navarro, Arribas, Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Guilherme, Andone.
(8)

SUCCESSFUL (players who overperformed and gave much more level than expected from them):
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Babel.
(4)

Feel free to post your own ratings if you're bored as well
Old 01-07-2017, 14:28   #26
hari

Peña Member

I would agree with you mostly, except for Gil, Fajr.. also, about B.Valle, Roef and Ola John who didn't spend enough time here to show their level..
Old 01-07-2017, 14:30   #27
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate that we're having so many player-tourists!

Ifran?? i've heard the name, but doesn't ring any bell behind that. Was he good? Did he really played for us???

I wouldn't go to that detail as Xose (thanx Xose btw), but i'm going to comment the most bizarre (imo) case of those transfers:

Stipe Pletikosa!

A world class goalie (on his days), better than those we had, signed, wasn't given a chance, and got a farewell from Riazor, like he was a Depor legend!

A very strange case
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 14:43   #28
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Stipe Pletikosa!

A world class goalie (on his days), better than those we had, signed, wasn't given a chance, and got a farewell from Riazor, like he was a Depor legend!

A very strange case
Completely agree..
Old 01-07-2017, 14:46   #29
Riazor warriors
Veteran
Peña Member

Riazor warriors is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
A bit bored, so decided to take a look at the players we've signed during these 3 years and a half of sporting direction under Tino

Counted 46 players, to be divided later into 3 categories

2014 (4)
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán

2014/15 (15)
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Borges, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López

2015/16 (12)
Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Navarro, Arribas, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl,

2016/17 (15)
Babel, Guilherme, Andone, Çolak, Albentosa, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Bruno Gama, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef

FAILINGS:
DECENT:
SUCCESSFUL:

These are my ratings:

FAILINGS (players who underperformed or didn't give the level expected from them, or had few minutes):
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl, Albentosa, Çolak, Bruno Gama, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef.
(34)

DECENT (not particularly brilliant, but at least performed close to the level expected from them, more or less):
Borges, Navarro, Arribas, Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Guilherme, Andone.
(8)

SUCCESSFUL (players who overperformed and gave much more level than expected from them):
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Babel.
(4)

Feel free to post your own ratings if you're bored as well

imo you are a little bit harsh with the rating, i would also would take into consideration if we paid money. For me Sissoko was an amazing beloved player for us in Segunda, Lopo saved us 2 years ago with his goals in Bilbao & vs Levante, Cavaleiro was good for me and wished he would stay, i put Colak name on this season shirt so for me he is for sure not a failure.
Andone is a success coming from Segunda and exceeding 10 goals + i don't know how many assists, his energy and commitment is something i really appreciate.

Thank you Tino + thank you Abanca
Riazor warriors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 17:23   #30
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

I tried to be realistic/neutral and value the players according to their performance for the club and in relation to the level they really have/had. But you are right, Riazor Warriors, that maybe I was a bit harsh with some of them, probably because I only used 3 categories to make it easier. I'll try to explain.

Of course not all failings are the same. There there are players who underperformed or didn't give the level expected from them + players who had few minutes.

For instance, Pletikosa and Roef were brilliant when they had the chance. But only played 90 minutes. Surely not their fault, I really think both have enough level, maybe we should blame the coaches, but if we have to consider their signing and performance, I think they must be in that category: failing, had few minutes or the coach didn't count with them.

About the strange case of Pletikosa that ggeorge pointed, the rumours are that Barral wanted to sign another GK and Victor didn't. Finally we signed Pletikosa, but as Victor didn't like him because had been signed by Barral, didn't use him and preferred to put Manu, a much worse GK, and didn't give a minute to Pletikosa until the last match, when he was brilliant and exposed Víctor's mistake not counting with him before. Probably one of the many things that made Víctor lose credibility among the fans and the board of directors.

Sissoko was good, I agree Riazor Warriors, but he came in January a bit "out of form" (let's say overweighted or fat) and it took not a few weeks but a few months until he could be close to his level, just at the end of the season. A talented and funny guy, I really liked him, but again, if I had to put him in 1 category, is failing because didn't have enough minutes or continuity. We signed him for 6 months but only could play at his level a few weeks at the end.

Fajr, Colak, Carles Gil are quality players IMO. I consider they were decent signs, that even could have become succesful, but although they had some good moments where they showed their quality, their overall performance was not as good as you expected from them. What they all lacked was continuity in their level or in the pitch. They maybe had some good moments, but also disappeared many times. Did they play at their best level for Depor? I don't think so, IMO under their level, maybe not their fault, because of the coaches putting them out of position, but I think they're better players than what we saw here. That 's why I consider them in that category, though could be close to decent, like Cavaleiro as well.

Anyway, it seems like the club is looking for an exit for Fajr and Colak, so maybe it's just not me but also the club who thinks that they've been failing signings. If they had been successful or decent, they would stay for sure.

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 01-07-2017 at 17:25.