Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 18-12-2007, 00:20   #31
Martin
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

Martin is an unknown quantity at this point

I get depressed with these types of threads, they always apear when we are doing bad.

Anyhow my pennies worth.

If he goes then he goes... as they say.

Am I lossing faith??? Yes ...... We are good enough but is he good enough to change things?? We will see.

My worry is, if he goes then is there anyone GOOD enough that will want to come and change things?

Sorry but I suspect not. We can't afford them.

Like players. A avarage replacement will not do, he has to be a proven motivator a winner and currently out of a job (if he was in one then ......)

So if its a avarage manager its even more risky than keeping Lotina. so keep him.

So back to my original thought.

Keep him, back him, back the team, stop being negative - Start being positive and then maybe but maybe we will start winning. 3 wins and we are safeish. 4 safer, 5 staying up (if results go our way)

Something to think about, not a great thing but think about this.

Currently the team (players, staff & directors) only praise one sector of fans and that because they stay positive and keep suporting.

I suspect they are just as pissed of as we are, but positivity, support - motivates people.

for a look at our shirt evolution / new site uploaded
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 00:21   #32
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
A 77-year old as coach of a Primera club might be a record, no?
Aragonés?
Old 18-12-2007, 01:15   #33
Marco07

Marco07 is off the scale

Lets just get Mourinho and be done with it.
Marco07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 01:44   #34
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Lotina won't be fired even if we lose at Levante.

Yea i agree. this is becuz of lendoiro's blind trust in Lotina.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 11:19   #35
gabi
Super-Seasoned

Peña Member

gabi is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to gabi

Quique Sanches Flores is my man. I hope Lendoiro is talking with him and see if he is intresed.
Old 18-12-2007, 12:08   #36
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

i dont know why, but i dont really like him.. besides, i'm not sure whether he'll be ready to work with a limited budget like ours!!
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 12:16   #37
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice post Martin.

I seriously believe that not many coaches can perform better with this team. Every Spanish team from spot 10-20 is in relegation troubles and we simply have a few point less than most of them, mainly because we have by far the youngest and most fair team in Spain. I don't defend the fact that we're 19th, but simply hope to counter to these hopes. We have to continue working with optimism. This team is capable of winning some matches in a row.

I've seen a much-inspired Deportivo in the second half against a side (much) better with qualities. We would be shouting for UEFA Cup football, if Zaragoza hadn't scored that lucky goal (I consider it lucky), Ruben's goal was allowed (he wasn't offside, and I don't think Colo's goal was illegal), Xisco had been given a penalty (all agree on this) and Chapi wasn't sent off (it's said that this was unfair). A 3-0 win could have been possible in this match.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 13:13   #38
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

nice post, Leon!!
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 13:32   #39
Leon
Banned
Peña MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Myfav....

One more thing: there were many sceptics when Javier Irureta signed at Deportivo in 1998, a man who's best club had been Celta until then.

At the start of the 1999/2000 he was heavily criticized and according to the media he was close to being sacked... until Depor won 7 matches in a row and never gave away the first spot in the Liga. We all know how things went from there.

We won't win seven matches in a row nor will we become such strong in the next 1-2 years. But the thing is that we can't simply go where the wind takes us. Let's fight and stay behind Lotina who is under immense pressure now. I'm sure that many have the pessimists here will want to proclaim him King when we win 3 matches in a row....
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 13:54   #40
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin
Currently the team (players, staff & directors) only praise one sector of fans and that because they stay positive and keep suporting.

I suspect they are just as pissed of as we are, but positivity, support - motivates people.
Do you really consider this team, as motivated? The so-called negatives are not pessimists, but realists. You can say as many positive things as you want, Riki and Verdú are not gonna be primera players...
Old 18-12-2007, 14:00   #41
bake-deportivo-B&H
Almost Regular

bake-deportivo-B&H is on a distinguished road

this is only speculation
bake-deportivo-B&H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2007, 14:08   #42
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Realism falls someone in between pessimism and optimism.

To be honest, I think it's nearer the pessimistic point of view at the moment but not every negative can be considered as realism, just as not every positive can either.

I agree with what Martin was saying, although maybe "motivation" wasn't quite the perfect word. I'm sure the team will be more likely to try that extra bit harder when they've got the support of their fans, rather than the constant whinging, jeers, boos and whistles.

I personally admire the Riazor Blues for their support under all circumstances. They're not stupid and they're probably every bit as concerned as we are (if not more) but they give their support and try and will the team on unconditionally. That trait is admirable IMO.
Old 18-12-2007, 16:06   #43
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporik
I'm sure the team will be more likely to try that extra bit harder when they've got the support of their fans, rather than the constant whinging, jeers, boos and whistles.

IF they try that extra bit harder when the fans are cheering (which i'm sure was far more prevalent at the beginning of the season) then they should be trying considerably harder still when 19th in the league and the fans aren't cheering. The only game where they could have really deserved cheering was Barca and as i mentioned before any one can raise their game for a so called big team.As for the whinging jeers and boo's-how else are we supposed to react with the team playing like they are, if cheering, clapping etc hasn't worked. The players need a serious kick in the ass, if the players can't/aren't/won't get(ting) motivated then it is down to the coach, if Lo(s)tina can't/doesn't/won't motivate the players then he is incapable of seeing what is right in front of his face and he has a pair of blinkers on and is leading us blindly to Segunda-maybe he does want the hat-trick or maybe he just doesn't care, what makes it even worse is what happens to fabril if we go down and they can't go up? Before we spend a euro on a player than we need to get someone in who can motivate the players.

Quote:
I personally admire the Riazor Blues for their support under all circumstances. They're not stupid and they're probably every bit as concerned as we are (if not more) but they give their support and try and will the team on unconditionally. That trait is admirable IMO.

I admire them too but sooner or later people will realise that you can't polish a turd and that the emperor is wearing no clothes...

GET LOST LO(S)TINA!!!
Old 18-12-2007, 17:14   #44
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you deliberately trying to take things out of context or do you seriously think the "constant whinging, jeers, boos and whistles" I referred to was in relation to an internet forum that maybe one player reads from time to time?

We all get it Hippy, we know you're not a fan of Lotina but speculating that Lotina doesn't care, might want the hattrick of relegations etc smacks of the same sensationalist angles that the tabloid media here resort to.

You make the problems sound so obvious and easy to sort out but Lotina is just too thick to do so. But where's the queue of intelligent managers ready to wave their magic dust over our club?
Old 18-12-2007, 18:01   #45
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Are you deliberately trying to take things out of context or do you seriously think the "constant whinging, jeers, boos and whistles" I referred to was in relation to an internet forum that maybe one player reads from time to time?

No, i was referring to the "we" being Depor fans, something that maybe you should've realised...

Though i am curious to know which player "maybe" reading these forums.

Quote:
We all get it Hippy, we know you're not a fan of Lotina but speculating that Lotina doesn't care, might want the hattrick of relegations etc smacks of the same sensationalist angles that the tabloid media here resort to.

I'm not a fan of the way the team has been playing and Lo(s)tina is a part of that...how culpable he is or isn't is up for discussion...
Another point of view could be is Lo(s)tina the symptom or the disease... as for what the tabloids write i wouldn't know as i don't read them but if i can come up with the same arguements/points etc off my own bat-how many others think the same???

Quote:
You make the problems sound so obvious and easy to sort out but Lotina is just too thick to do so. But where's the queue of intelligent managers ready to wave their magic dust over our club?

Again how many other people have seen that the players are unmotivated (exception being Barca) and that it's taken Lo(s)tina almost half a season to work out which players to play and where to play them. I can see that, so can a lot of other people, so why can't the people who are actually earning a living out of the team see it. This may lead to the reasoning that Lo(s)tina is indeed to blinkered to see what is in front of his face.

Maybe he does care, maybe after two relegations he saw Depor as one of the worst teams in La Liga and thought if he could save them his reputation will improve. Though i gotta ask do we really want a manger with his track record who may be satisfied with 17th place.

As for managers queuing up, there are plenty of managers out of work (though if the right manager is employed and has a buyout clause to be paid we should be prepared to do it, one manager could save a team, one player will not.) that may be able to do a better job, and it is an avenue that Lendoiro should be aware of already, i mentioned two-Arsenio and Djukic, also i can't see too many reasons that the next coach should even be Spanish, so that would/could include people like Laudrup, Passarella, Ramón Cabrero, Miguel Ángel Russo, José Pekerman and even Héctor Cúper.