Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 13-05-2004, 07:52   #1
CaPDeViLa
Beginner

CaPDeViLa is off the scale
Default The corruption in football?

I`m form Bulgaria and her the corruption is very big....this year champion-Lokomotiv Ploviv win the championship after many suspicious matches in the second part of the season....so how is that in your country???
CaPDeViLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2004, 08:10   #2
Donato
Veteran
Peña Member

Donato is an unknown quantity at this point

corruption is big in all walks of life!!!

when will man realise you can't eat money???
Old 13-05-2004, 12:22   #3
AP
Veteran

Peña Member

AP is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to AP Send a message via Skype™ to AP
Default Re: The corruption in football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaPDeViLa
I`m form Bulgaria and her the corruption is very big....this year champion-Lokomotiv Ploviv win the championship after many suspicious matches in the second part of the season....so how is that in your country???
In Russia it's big problem too. In the end of every season there are many "strange" matches with participation of teams from top & bottom of the table...
Last season this were Spartak Moscow, Torpedo Metallurg Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Rubin Kazan, etc. As a result Rubin won 3rd place and Torpedo Metallurg avoided relegation.
Old 13-05-2004, 13:03   #4
Feliuk
Administrator

Peña Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Corruption is everywhere some places have more some less but it's everywhere.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:14   #5
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Health warning! I'm not bringing back this thread to cause a riot. The article I'm attaching was located in the Corruption section of the News Now website, so that's why I've put it here. Nothing is proven against any person(s), but it deserves to be discussed.

About the subject, IMO the situation is VERY shady indeed. I'm not surprised by it one bit, except that Halsey has come out and admitted contact with Fergie over a period of time. The contact was wrong and no matter how innocent they might claim it to be, the perception will always be now that there was a 'special' relationship between MU and at least two referees (Halsey and Clattenburg). I'm not saying Man Utd are the only ones who have a case to answer in such situations. There are no doubt more. But why, for example, did Halsey relocate his residence to Manchester?

http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/31290
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 12:30   #6
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

although the author mentions the Calciopoli, where Juventus asked this referee for their own match to lead, and not that referee, from the style it seems he is very much surprised. what a naive guy?! who believes that RMCF last minute joke-penalty against Elche is an accident? who believes that Sevilla's laughable-laughable disallowed goal against Barca, Barca's 2 goals against Sevi were all just ref's mistakes? Who believes that biggest gun in Belgium, Anderlecht deserves yearly 20+ penalties? Who believes Ferencváros in Hun deserves 10+ penalties and 10+ red-cards per season in favour?
Most of the players and supporters know who are the biggest favourite of the local FAs, and can live with it more or less, although it is very hard sometimes.

What I don't like, when ATMA/Valencia/Arsenal/Lazio/Video... in Hun fans start crying, what kind of attrocities they suffered against the biggest guns, but have no problem on the other 25-30 matches per season, when they are the favoured team against the tinies.
Old 08-10-2013, 15:38   #7
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

i also think the corrupption in football is so huge it almost seems normal if every thing woud be played fair every thing woud look a lot diffrent whil this ever change i think no
peterke2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 20:08   #8
Sultan
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Sultan is on a distinguished road

my line of work has taught me that everyone is corrupt unless proven otherwise.

Since you opened this topic, this is a decent documentary on FIFA corruption:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qm-q75Z1NUs
Old 12-10-2013, 23:17   #9
nitraM
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

nitraM is on a distinguished road

I remember someone told me the spanish league was corrupt and basically a huge business now a days. He made a bet with me in during the 2007-2008 season near the end when Betis started trash talking the refs after a game against Osasuna I believe and he said Betis would get relegated next season. I didn't think it would be possible Betis had star players liek Ricardo in Goal, Sergio Garcia as a Forward, Ricardo Oliviera, Mehmet Aurelio, etc.. so as the 2008-2009 season began they started strong then on the last day they got relegated. I still think its coincidental but at the same time there was so much teams that were worse that season who should of went down. But all in all what im trying to say is Spanish referees kill the spanish league and its really sad.
nitraM is offline   Reply With Quote