Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2019, 15:47   #61
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

They will resign. The trigger is RB community and the rest of the public as a whole. Obviously there is still patience mainly due to the arrival of Cesar. The patience will be gone soon and more aggression will come from the stands. Eventually then these people will go away and who will come then is the big question...
Old 24-10-2019, 19:29   #62
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

What time starts out Intertoto game?
Old 06-12-2019, 14:07   #63
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Brilliant article by Carlos today, comparing our current season with the crucial 1987-88 season.

At that time we saved ourselves in the last min, but there was a certain Arsenio that took over in the last part of the season.

This time, though, no Arsenio, no party

Btw, Lendoiro said yesterday that if the team relegates, there's a high chance of extinction. I wouldn't share that view
Old 12-12-2019, 19:30   #64
peterke2000
Peña Member

peterke2000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to peterke2000

I want to be possitive george but I think that might happen to it woudn't be the first club to vanish so its possible.
Old 21-12-2019, 15:49   #65
ggeorg

Peña Member

Couldn't resist the fact that we finally won a game and did some quick maths

So, we finished the first round with 15pts. Have a look at how many points a team needs to avoid relegation, in the last 10 seasons and the answer is more or less between 47 and 50pts.
So we will need more than 30pts in the second round.

What does it mean to get over 30pts in a round? have a look at the table right now. We need to make a second round similar to the first round of the top 7 clubs (all with at least 9wins).

So this team, to do a "promotion level" second round...
Old 21-12-2019, 20:32   #66
Vatex
Seasoned Member

Vatex is on a distinguished road

30 points isnt unreachable. we collect 15pts with shit team. and if we wake up now, 30 pts is not unreal
Old 12-01-2020, 17:56   #67
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Depor will be saved. This might mean that we don´t save ourselves, but I´m pretty sure something "typically Spanish" (in the best footballing sense) will happen at the end of the season (or even in the off-season)
Old 13-01-2020, 19:20   #68
ggeorg

Peña Member

wow finally the club understood what an awful decision was to change the Depor shirt
Following for a few years the policy of disrespect, disrespecting former players, disrespecting the remaining Deportivistas in the squad (sending all captains off within the same summer), disrespecting the fans (i.e Depor among the clubs backing Tebas in his decision for Monday night games) and finally disrespecting the history of the club (by adopting a non-Depor shirt) brought us in the border of segunda b.

Obviously, the regret is followed by actions...FV came back to restore faith, ticket prices for the next home games set to 5 euros (both Racing and Cadiz games are already sold out) and now restoring the traditional shirt.

hallelujah!!

As Kevin said, Depor will be saved, but will be saved the proper way, not from off-season, off-field "happenings"
Old 14-01-2020, 11:17   #69
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Nice news Finally Deportivo seems behave like a normal club.

For me offering low tickets price in our situtation is a fair move. Now it is time for deportienda. While replacing the pyjama to the original shirt has made my day.
Old 17-01-2020, 09:40   #70
ggeorg

Peña Member

As i think it's pretty much obvious now, the team was suffering from a mental block. Segunda is very tight, it's not that we have the worst players among the 22 teams (obviously though with the 6th higher budget in the division we should have got better players). Anyone can win anyone.

What FV managed to do (and this is why we got him) is to bring back the faith to the players and fans. He did that. The team now has the proper intensity (what we saw in the second half yesterday).
Now the challenge is to keep that intensity. While yesterday's game was a "win at all costs" game, now there is the fear of relaxing.

We are just 1 point from safety, the players could fall in the trap "oh, it is actually easier than what we thought" and feel that job is almost done.

If we keep that intensity we will be saved.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:05   #71
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
So, we finished the first round with 15pts. Have a look at how many points a team needs to avoid relegation, in the last 10 seasons and the answer is more or less between 47 and 50pts.
What does it mean to get over 30pts in a round? have a look at the table right now. We need to make a second round similar to the first round of the top 7 clubs (all with at least 9wins).
I could not find my previous calculation. Unfortunately, it seems, this year we need a record 51-52 points to survive.

Other aspect for next season: we all hate Zaragoza, but with Espanyol falling down and most probably going back to primera, maybe it would be better for us, if Zaragoza or Almeria promote this season, and we dont need to bother ourselves with them next year, when targeting the only other direct promoting position.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:30   #72
ggeorg

Peña Member

Indeed, Espanyol have been relegated 3-4 times throughout their history, all of them, returned to primera right away.

They have much higher financial power than anyone (they spent huge money on winter to get RdT and Embarba) very probably they will get the one spot next season.

On the other hand, why pointing to primera, if segunda seems to be more competitive?
Apart the top 5 in primera, team by team there's much power and history in segunda

Nice to have the forum back
Old 10-07-2020, 11:34   #73
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg

We have done a pretty good job in the second round. If only we played the same way in the first half of the season, we could be challenging for a play-off position.

On a related note, I wonder where we would rank if we only considered the league table for the second half of the season.
Old 10-07-2020, 13:17   #74
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelvin
On a related note, I wonder where we would rank if we only considered the league table for the second half of the season.

From second half, i don't know, but since FV took over we are close to 2pts per game (at least before before the malaga game), which would have send us like 10pts above Cadiz
Closed Thread