Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > World Football
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

World Football For other football that's not related to Depor. For example: the Primera División, Segunda División A, Segunda División B, the Champions League, EURO 2008, the World Cup 2010, Italy, England, Germany, Turkey etc.

Old 16-07-2010, 23:05   #31
Chris

Chris is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko
They were asking where is Macedonia 8 years ago, but than they get known us well

It's more of a reference to a famous milk advert than anything else. They're simply too unoriginal to think up anything else, so they've come across as being genuinely disrespectful and ignorant.
Old 22-07-2010, 23:11   #32
Michał
Peña Member

Michał is on a distinguished road

Wisła 5:0 (2:0) Siaulai
Ruch 0:0 (1:1) Valetta

Ruch, my ass... I can't ever remember any Maltan team drawing away... Ruch goes through thanks to away goals. I hope they call to Vienna and tell to Austria that they aren't coming for the game in next round as 3:0 walkover is just fine

3rd round:
Wisła vs. Qarabag (AZE)
Ruch vs. Austria
Jagiellonia vs. Aris

Wisła will probably be the only one going through. Don't know what to expect from Jaga.

btw. Congrats to Zrinjski for their 9:2 away Too bad that Siroki, Cibalia and Sibenik are out. I wanted to go for Sibenik's 3rd round game in Croatia.
Michał is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 00:46   #33
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Mika-Rabotnicki 0-0 (0-1)
Teteks-Ventspilis 3-1 (3-1)
Both Macedonian teams goes to 3th round What a surprise
29 july Rabotnicki-Liverpool
Elfsborg-Teteks
Liverpool is coming in my town, but I won't watch the game. I hate Rabotnicki and I don't like Liverpoool, but I hope that Teteks will get some good result for the second leg
Marko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 02:09   #34
vink
Peña Member

vink is an unknown quantity at this point

Mallorca kicked out of Europe:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...pa-league-uefa
vink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 06:34   #35
Shelvin
Peña Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by vink
all their hardwork from last season gone to waste.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 06:43   #36
Paul
Peña Member

Paul is on a distinguished road

What are the policy reasons for UEFA to kick out teams who cannot meet their financial obligations? I mean, they'd still have the same obligations playing in Europe as they do now, right? Will there be a decremental financial effect on the club if they played in Europe?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 07:16   #37
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

poor Mallorca.. feels sad for them..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 11:01   #38
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Poor Montpellier... feel sad for them. We are gonna destroy them in the next round. Or just the opposite.

yesterday we beat a Kazah team (Atiraun) by 2-0, and went through with 5-0 on aggregate, despite winning 2 times by 2-0, as on the first match a Bosniak player had paper problems by the Kazahs.

Idiot Videoton ultras visited Maribor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xeHGFtWz7c

IT is fine they are relegated. I would just add, as maybe some UEFA member read us, that this team of Videoton is sponsored by Hun-state-oil-firm, ie state money, ie European Union money.

Last edited by DepHun : 23-07-2010 at 13:16.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 14:57   #39
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Ok, I don't get it. In Spain, numbers 1 to 4 go to CL, 5 and 6 go to the Europa League, as does the cup winner. So, Spain normally has 7 European tickets.

So last year, Barca, Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla reached the top 4 spots and will play in the CL. Mallorca finished fifth, but will end up with nothing, moving the EL spots to number 6 Getafe, and number 7 Villarreal. Atletico, as ninth, goes to the Europa League as well because they won the Europa League last year. But, Sevilla also won the Copa final against Atletico. Since Sevilla already has a CL ticket, the EL ticket from the Copa should've gone to Atletico, but Atletico already has a EL ticket because they won that cup last season.

So, if anyone is still following, where the hell did that Europa League ticket from the Copa del Rey go? Shouldn't that go to the eighth in the Liga standings now, which would be Bilbao? Seven Spanish teams will go into Europa now, but one of those qualifications was a bonus, since Atletico won the Europa League. So it seems to me that Spain lost a European berth, or am I missing something?
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-07-2010, 15:29   #40
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Ok, I don't get it. In Spain, numbers 1 to 4 go to CL, 5 and 6 go to the Europa League, as does the cup winner. So, Spain normally has 7 European tickets.

Barcelona, Real, Valencia and Sevilla in CL, and Getafe, Villareal and Atletico mdrid in EL. Those are the seven teams What is so confusing here??
Old 23-07-2010, 15:30   #41
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
So it seems to me that Spain lost a European berth, or am I missing something?
as far as I know, the extra-bonus place is valid only if the last season winner does not qualify. if it does qualify than no extra place for the country... the bonus is for the club, and not for the liga or country
Old 23-07-2010, 15:40   #42
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
as far as I know, the extra-bonus place is valid only if the last season winner does not qualify. if it does qualify than no extra place for the country... the bonus is for the club, and not for the liga or country
I think that the winner haven't secure place for the next season, or maybe I'm wrong. Because Atletiko secure their place because they play in the final in the Copa, Spain didn't get bonus place
For example when Liverpool won the CL, they shouldn't get the place in next year CL, because they were 5th, but UEFA made compromise and let them play in the first qualification round
Old 23-07-2010, 15:54   #43
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marko
I think that the winner haven't secure place for the next season, or maybe I'm wrong. Because Atletiko secure their place because they play in the final in the Copa, Spain didn't get bonus place
For example when Liverpool won the CL, they shouldn't get the place in next year CL, because they were 5th, but UEFA made compromise and let them play in the first qualification round
but as far as I remember the non-pro-English cried back then, for too many (5) Eng teams in the CL, and finally Everton might have been sent to UEFA Cup. not?
Old 23-07-2010, 16:01   #44
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
but as far as I remember the non-pro-English cried back then, for too many (5) Eng teams in the CL, and finally Everton might have been sent to UEFA Cup. not?
Nope, Everton lost in the 3th round of the qualifications in CL, and because Liverpool beat their opponents qualified for that year CL, so England again had 4 teams in CL, but If Everton won their tie (I thnik they played against some dutch team), England would had 5 teams in CL.
EDIT: Everton lost from Villareal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._Champions_League_qualification_2005 %E2%80%9306

Last edited by Marko : 23-07-2010 at 16:05.
Old 23-07-2010, 16:27   #45
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

OK, then it was me who cried for blaming too many English teams in CL But I think maybe a Romania lost a place, they had only 1 team in CL back then, or both teams had to play early qualification... I can't remember now.
but this might prove my above sentence, that the Club Liverpool gained its extra-spot as the title holder, who not qualified on its own right. But after that Uefa made some rules to not let 5 teams in CL from the same country.

So if Atletico did not qualify to Europe from Spain, they (ATMA) would have received an extra spot. But they qualified, or at least nominated by the Spanish FA . So as you yourself said to Greg, it is 7 Spanish teams starting their European campaign, and it cannot be more than that.