Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 21-07-2020, 20:07   #46
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

The more I think about it and read, nothing is going to change. We had 3 games to get a win and even last week 1 point would have made a difference. We went 0/9 and it is no one's fault but our own to leave it to a decision like this. Massive money will need to be raised, many players will need to be sold, but I have faith that we can have a successful team filled with young and exciting players from Galicia who will fight until the last whistle for the colors, something we haven't seen in all 11 players for many years.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 20:43   #47
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by american123
The more I think about it and read, nothing is going to change. We had 3 games to get a win and even last week 1 point would have made a difference. We went 0/9 and it is no one's fault but our own to leave it to a decision like this. Massive money will need to be raised, many players will need to be sold, but I have faith that we can have a successful team filled with young and exciting players from Galicia who will fight until the last whistle for the colors, something we haven't seen in all 11 players for many years.

That's a very optimistic view, and imo unrealistic. We dont have players to sell that will bring in any decent amount, and just because 'Massive money will need to be raised', each young and exciting promise will be gone after one year of better football, so a very long time. We can't build anything. Heck, we even couldnt keep our promising youngsters when we HAD money.
Filip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 21:37   #48
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
That's a very optimistic view, and imo unrealistic. We dont have players to sell that will bring in any decent amount, and just because 'Massive money will need to be raised', each young and exciting promise will be gone after one year of better football, so a very long time. We can't build anything. Heck, we even couldnt keep our promising youngsters when we HAD money.

Agree on that!

Who to sell? I don't think we have anyone we can sell. I haven't checked who we have under contract, but getting money from sales seems impossible. The best we can do is to keep those experienced players under contract, like Boveda or Lampro that are probably good enough to getting us out of segunda b.
In financial terms this will be a year of loss. If we try to minimize loss by loaning players like Boveda to segunda clubs, we might stick in segunda B which eventually will be a much higher loss.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2020, 21:51   #49
american123
Seasoned Member

Gaku, Salva Ruiz, Sabin, Beauvue, Fede, Valentin I think will all be sold as they will want to play in 2nd Division or higher. Unfortuantely, it won't be for much if anything (see Francis being sold for only 50% of a future transfer)

The issue is that many players making 100k+/year will now be asked to make 30k. I only see Alex B and maybe Dani Gimenez re-signing for 1 yearI I hope and pray that Mujaid gives it one more year. Vicente, Keko, Lampropolous, and Boveda are also under contract and I'd expect 3 of those to leave as well. No one knows if there is a relegation clause which could complicate a lot of things if players leave for free. With 80M in debt, if we do not get promoted it will be the end of Depor but you need to find players who want to come "home" and play for low wages or top clubs that will do us a favor by giving us a young player on loan.

The new signing today is Brais Val, a defensive midfielder who played with Valencia's Juvenil team after signing from Celta and is still 18. He was probably signed for Fabril but am assuming he'll be with the 1st team now along with Gandoy/Alex B.
Old 21-07-2020, 22:01   #50
ggeorg

Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by american123
Gaku, Salva Ruiz, Sabin, Beauvue, Fede, Valentin I think will all be sold as they will want to play in 2nd Division or higher. Unfortuantely, it won't be for much if anything (see Francis being sold for only 50% of a future transfer)

If the club can't afford their wages, why someone would buy them? They can get them for free (loan deal). Win-win situation.
But little matters, imo, if the club can get rid-off a 200k-300k contract, or can get an extra 300k from a possible sale. This is nth in regard with the debt.
Money for the debt will come from the tv rights, etc, in primera, and Abanca probably knows that.
Old 21-07-2020, 22:19   #51
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

how many days before Lendoiro is back in charge?
Old 22-07-2020, 03:30   #52
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Mujaid is the only player that would bring in some money after an excellent season by him.. if we were in Segunda or got promoted he should have brought in money similar to what Edu brought us, but now I doubt if we will get anything more than half of that other than a bidding war..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 09:40   #53
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Conspiracy Theory? Co-incidence? You can draw your own conclusions to the following facts.

President of La Liga is Javier Tebas.

The presidents son is the secretary of the board of directors at FUENLABRADA.

These were the lot that tried to get Fabril kicked out of the playoffs a couple of years ago, so that they got a bye and didn't have to play them. There's history between Fuenlabrada and Depor and it's political, which makes me think that we don't stand a chance of coming out of this in any positive way.
Not because we don't deserve justice but because of the inbalance of power in political senses. Our lawyers have always been Tercera standard while these jackasses are the big league.

Fuenlabrada now rival Madrid and Celta on my shitlist
Old 22-07-2020, 10:29   #54
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

so let's go to TAS or however is called that institute that overrules regional decisions.
Old 22-07-2020, 10:35   #55
Shelvin
Peņa Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

The more I think about this the more I feel as though we should lawyer up and fight this situation. For too long we have been victims of bad refereeing and other off-the-field injustices. It is time to stand up and fight. If we go down to Segunda B we could cease to exist very soon. This is could be a blessing in disguise. With 4 clubs demanding action I think the chance of us staying in Segunda is strong.
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 11:06   #56
Mr Pink
Occasional Member

Mr Pink is on a distinguished road

Amancio, Amancio Ortega are you there......help!!!
Old 22-07-2020, 11:43   #57
Filip
Administrator
Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink
Amancio, Amancio Ortega are you there......help!!!

I gave up on him a very long time ago. IMO he doesn't have the balls to risk losing some sales due to choosing a side.
Old 22-07-2020, 11:53   #58
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

This stinks a lot.
Yacine Quasmi (the Rayo player who had a dinner with a Fuenlabrada player) just posted on twitter where he admitted that he found out on SUNDAY the threat of the possible infection from the Fuenlabrada player, but later he deleted the original post and now saying it was on MONDAY....
Peaople are posting the original statement next to the post. You can check it.
https://twitter.com/YacineQasmi/stat...73673107378176

So much sh*t is going in the background.... We need to defend our interest.
Hori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2020, 12:07   #59
ggeorg

Peņa Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
so let's go to TAS or however is called that institute that overrules regional decisions.

they don't bother...they have so many cases, they give results some 2 years late, and in most of the times they don't intervene.
Old 22-07-2020, 13:13   #60
american123
Seasoned Member

As I said earlier I think the best case scenario is a financial settlement that may take years. Between the loss of TV income and ticket sales you could be looking at 10M+.

After looking at what Primera teams bring in now (Around 50M) the only way to get rid of the debt is to go back to Primera and that can only be done with building a young base and getting promoted next year back to Segunda. The talent is there in Abegondo but over the past few years the kids have left around 16 to bigger clubs that can play in the UEFA Youth League. Now with a chance to play "professional" football, hopefully they will stay and get us back up.

It's incredible what a difference that Mallorca game last year would have done. With 50M in TV income it's possible the debt could have been cut by 20-25% this year.