Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 03-08-2020, 14:26   #121
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hori
As I read there is a new attack from La Liga (aka. Thebas) against us. We need to do the PCR tests today because there would be a match on Wednesday, which is impossible.
I didn't really get it but it looks like this is a strategic move to blame us in the end.
This whole story with this corruption is really sad.

He announced last night we needed to take the test at 9:00 knowing all of our players are currently in Ibiza or somewhere else in the world on a beach. I believe they are expected to report back on August 10 in preparation for next season. Even when players do come back, I'd expect a few of them to report back with positive tests based on all of the travel they've done over the last week or 2. Unfortunately, I don't think the decision will be made until very late by La Liga and RFEF.

It has to be very frustrating for the playoff teams as they need to find out whether they need to build a team for Primera or Segunda based on if they go up. With the market opening up tomorrow, every day matters.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 15:12   #122
american123
Seasoned Member

In worse news, it looks like Mujaid may be leaving the club as well. Aketxe seems close to Cadiz but needs to wait since he has an automatic renovation if Depor is still in Segunda. With the transfer market opening up this week, expect a lot of pressure from the players (not just Depor) to come up with a solution so they can plan their futures.
Old 07-08-2020, 22:27   #123
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

From a sporting point of view and the integrity of the division as a whole the lack of support from other clubs in Segunda is absolutely shocking IMO.

It reminded me of the World Cup 1982, when West Germany and Austria played out a deliberate 1-0 win (Disgrace of Gijon), and knocked Algeria out who played Chile the previous day. I know it's not the same scenario, but from the following World Cup in Mexico in all final group matches had to be played at the same time. Hence our clubs complaint about the issue.

Let's see if Elche make some noise in our support or quietly head off into the sunset now they're in the Play Offs.

Last edited by Diligent : 08-08-2020 at 09:10.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2020, 16:31   #124
Hori
Almost Regular

Hori is on a distinguished road

Well this Extremadura case is interesting as well specially after the Fuenlabrada case.
So the rule is to have maximum 6 players from B squad.
Extremadura broke this by having 7 players from B squad. 3 of them as starters Gonzalo Collao (40), Manu Mosquera (44), Abdulay Sabit (45) and 4 of them on the bench Samuel González (31), Gabriel Cardozo (34), Luis Enrique Carrasco (37), Adrián Torres 42.
And let's check the Fuenlabrada game. It was a crucial game for them and they had just 7 professional players, but 8 B team players on the roster and as we know they only used the maximum 6 B team players because of this rule. With the compliance of the rule they only had 2 subs and they paid the price at the end of the game since they were really tired and didn't have enough players to fresh the lines.
There are rules to follow even when can suffer from it like the Fuenlabrada case. You cannot have more players when it is not allowed.

And to the top of that. This is Extremadura opinion about the Liga with 24 teams: "If there are 24 teams, we are not going to allow it". So they would take legal actions to block that... Ugly bastards that were demoted rounds before the final matchday
Hori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2020, 11:45   #125
american123
Seasoned Member

A different tone in the press conference today from FV as he presented Fran and Valeron. Now he is asking for a quick decision and it seems as if he expects them to go down to 2B. With 102 teams, I am sure that the league will be tough to start/finish in a timely fashion with different positives coming up. He said the answer should come out in a few days so they can start building a squad.
Old 12-08-2020, 04:19   #126
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
From a sporting point of view and the integrity of the division as a whole the lack of support from other clubs in Segunda is absolutely shocking IMO.

It reminded me of the World Cup 1982, when West Germany and Austria played out a deliberate 1-0 win (Disgrace of Gijon), and knocked Algeria out who played Chile the previous day. I know it's not the same scenario, but from the following World Cup in Mexico in all final group matches had to be played at the same time. Hence our clubs complaint about the issue.

Let's see if Elche make some noise in our support or quietly head off into the sunset now they're in the Play Offs.

As in life the reality is that most people and clubs don't care about you. Howewer one cannot always rely on other and that's it.
Old 13-08-2020, 07:45   #127
Tjorni
Almost Regular

Tjorni is on a distinguished road

What's with the case of Malaga right now? Do we have a chance to see them demoted for not being able to meet financial limits?
Tjorni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 09:19   #128
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjorni
What's with the case of Malaga right now? Do we have a chance to see them demoted for not being able to meet financial limits?
every year such things come in the news but eventually no one gets demoted for it.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2020, 09:26   #129
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
every year such things come in the news but eventually no one gets demoted for it.

Elche was demoted in 2015.
Old 13-08-2020, 19:57   #130
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

To continue the discussion on Abegondo products, two of them are playing tonight in c.l QF
Angelinho and Hugo Novoa
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 14:28   #131
Diligent
Veteran

Peña Member

Diligent is an unknown quantity at this point

The structure from Benjamin's to Juveniles is the system at the Academy. In my opinion as a club of this size you will never produce fantastic amount of talent through to the Ist team for a couple of reasons. Firstly, of a club of our size cannot compete with clubs in Spain like Real Madrid and Barcelona. I think at a press conference the other day Fran admired the Manchester City setup. This club is dripping in money, and someone can correct me, but didn't they poached a player from Abegondo (maybe Angelino) and found jobs for his parents. Sadly this is the struggle the club is up against. Secondly, I would love many more locals playing in the first team, but the reality is we will go through peaks and troughs regarding the Academy. For sure, we can make it better, but I think we're kidding ourselves in the presence of global monsters in modern football, where any teenager can be brought any price.

The returns will be modest from Academy in my opinion, but the real investment is the Deportivismo, from an early age, with the likes of the Summer Camps for example.

Last edited by Diligent : 14-08-2020 at 15:15.
Diligent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2020, 19:58   #132
tonideportivoBG
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

tonideportivoBG is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to tonideportivoBG

I am reading there will be no league with 24 teams. If that's true on Monday F.Vazquez should start preparing the team for Segunda B. Will be dynamic year.
Old 14-08-2020, 21:12   #133
american123
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diligent
The structure from Benjamin's to Juveniles is the system at the Academy. In my opinion as a club of this size you will never produce fantastic amount of talent through to the Ist team for a couple of reasons. Firstly, of a club of our size cannot compete with clubs in Spain like Real Madrid and Barcelona. I think at a press conference the other day Fran admired the Manchester City setup. This club is dripping in money, and someone can correct me, but didn't they poached a player from Abegondo (maybe Angelino) and found jobs for his parents. Sadly this is the struggle the club is up against. Secondly, I would love many more locals playing in the first team, but the reality is we will go through peaks and troughs regarding the Academy. For sure, we can make it better, but I think we're kidding ourselves in the presence of global monsters in modern football, where any teenager can be brought any price.

The returns will be modest from Academy in my opinion, but the real investment is the Deportivismo, from an early age, with the likes of the Summer Camps for example.

I agree with the camps. I know they opened up a camp in Miami a few years ago but only lasted a year after relegation from Primera. As you see from the Galicia Youth national teams, most top players in Galicia still play for Depor or Celta.

Most big teams will offer parents jobs and now we definitely cannot do that with our financial situation and Coruña is not a big metro like other big cities in Europe. The only thing we can give to players is minutes. Kids now do not remember the Super Depor era or seeing them play in the Champions League but they will go somewhere where they can play or get exposure. For many of them, the UEFA Youth League is the big draw and it is tough to compete with that. I'd like for Fran to look at the Bundesliga who seem to play 17-20 year olds on a consistent basis every week as subs. I agree that most top players will leave regardless but we have to reward those who have potential in that 17-20 range. Was Valin that much worse than Simon/Boveda or Gandoy than Vicente? Would Hugo Novoa have stayed another year or 2 if he knew he would get to debut at Riazor as a sub at 16 or 17? IMO, it is much easier to sell an 18-21 player with "potential" than a 22-25 who has a lot of first team matches already as well. Look back at some of the offers that players like David Rochela, Bicho, Xisco, amd Insua had when they first played with the first team. None of them turned out to be superstars but the idea of a U19 player getting first team minutes excites other teams. As for next year, I hope JuanRo, Valin, Aaron Sanchez and Gandoy (if he stays) all are given the opportunity to be starters along with the debuts of players like Peke, Alberto, and Martin Ochoa.
Old 15-08-2020, 17:59   #134
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

CF FUENLABRADA AT THE EDGE OF DEMOTION
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=9797
Old 15-08-2020, 18:03   #135
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

I read the 45-page report and there are things that are simply amazing
Like when the judge complains that Fuenlabrada asked to send a copy of his law degree, because they didn’t find it on Google