Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 18-07-2010, 12:42   #1
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road
Default 2013/2014 | General evolution

Well, although I am not one of those who believe in the title of this thread but since I know somebody will end starting it...

I have some comments about how our squad looks to me with the exits, what we were missing and our new "signings"...

We all know here, that since years our problems were in the offensive part of the field, we don't have creative players in midfield, our attackers are not great too..

The statistics showed that we were one of teams with less shots on target, not surprising stat when we take a look to our current attakers:

Adrian whom we had high hope on has IMO a very weak and inaccurate shot on goal, I don't want to be harsh on him but he was pretty disappointing to me at least...

Lassad was hardly landing on his feet, I thought the best thing was to try to get rid of him this summer. I can't imagine him suddenly becoming fit and ready to help the team...

Riki with all his injuries, dives and although I am not a fan of him, has a better shot but always tries the individual choice even shooting from impossible positions. Also, he's not good with headers, need 10 attempts to score twice...noone of our forwards is great with headers though..
Our best shooter on goal last season was Juan Rodriguez !!

Positive, was getting rid of Bodipo and Mista, that was really the best reinforcement.

Now, about the new signings, and although we are covering the positions we were short in (in quantity) they remain unknown players (at least to me, or rather known for coming from humble clubs for some of them..) with little to no experience in the level. I am hoping to find better shooters among them, not high hopes though..

We still are in need for a better attacker with the ability to shot on goal with the feet, with the head, someone who scores goals, we don't have one..

Last edited by dj-origenal : 18-07-2010 at 14:28.
Old 19-07-2010, 09:07   #2
benea

benea is on a distinguished road

We need a target man - strong, fast, good header. When playing with just 1 forward (as we do in 99% of games) you can't bet on Adrian or other low-strength/heading striker... even Riki runnig on one leg fits better in that single forward tactics.

I was watching Romanian Super Cup - there is a promissing striker of CFR Cluj - Lacina Traore: http://transfermarkt.de/de/lacina-tr...ler_69006.html
The club asks 4mln for him, but I guess the price can be cut down... several clubs seem to be interested - Arsenal, Benfica, Galatasaray, but no known offers have been made yet
Old 19-07-2010, 10:48   #3
Djalminha

Peña Member

Djalminha is an unknown quantity at this point

I remember seing him last year and also being very impressed with him... We need to make one more sell if he is to be in our reach.
Old 20-07-2010, 14:03   #4
Marko
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Marko is on a distinguished road

Well, Lotina almost meet my expectations. I will start with the goalkeeper spot. There weren't any changes, and it is very normal. Aranzubia is the leader, Manu on the banch
In the defence: I wanted some faster right back, but if Lotina think that Manuel Pablo and Laure are enough on this position, I will accept his decision. They can do decent work. Both are slow, and often can't mark their opponents (so we are considering unlucky goals) but they had decent skills. I think that Laure sholud be starter because he has better crossing abilities
Also Seoane could had a chance sometimes. In the next few season I think Pablo will be out, so Seoane will replace him. On the central positions, we also didn't make any changes. Lopo is the leader in our defence. For the second spot there are many guys. I want to see Aythami in the starting 11, but I think that Lotina will continue with the standard duo Lopo-Colloto.
I'm dissapointed because we will probably loan/sell Aythami. I rather give him a chance than Ze Castro. He was awfull in the last season..
Our central defense should be Lopo-Colloto/Aythami, and Piscu with Rochela on the banch. But noone liked Ze castro, so Lotina will surely play with Lopo-Colloto and Castro, Rochela and Piscu on the banch.
And there is the left position I've got great plans with the money of Felipe, BUT Segio demants me It is Lendoiro guiltty
We will sell Felipe for a decent prize, and the best thing he can do is to bring Escudero. Please Lendoiro, pleaseeeee
I'll put Stopira to Feabril, and give chance to Raul, but I'll give the starting spot to Escudero. If we didn't buy noone to replace Felipe (which was happening in the past, when we were aspecting a replacement for some players, Lendo didn't buy nothing ), than we sholud play with Raul and Stopira or Desmarets shold be on the bench.
I'm preety sure that Guardado will stay with us, so I'm glad to see him on the left position. There are also Ivan Perez and Yves Desmarets. It will be good if we loan Perez somewhere in the Primera, so he could gain some experience to replace Guardado when he leave. But we know that Guardado is also geting injuries. So, on the left side can also play our best signing (I want to buy him inthe future), Uretta. I'll give him the starting spot on the right side. Uffff, Guardado and Uretta on the wingers I smell many goals from them
Saul should be substitute for Uretta, and I will give a loan chance to Pablo Alvarez. Uretta won't be in Depor next season, so maybe Pablo Alvarez will "learn" to play football if he goes on loan somewhere and come back next year I didn't look bright future for him in Depor....
On the middle I'll give a chance to Juan Rodriguez. He will finally play on his natural position and I expect very much from him in the coming season. Come on Rodriguez And there will be big fight for the other place in the middle. There is Antonio Tomas who played good last season, so if Lotina plays with one Dm, his spot in the starting eleven is sure. But I like the 4-4-2 formation. I adore Juan Dominguez, but there are the new guy Michel and the thurtle Juca (who already started with his injuries). Maybe Lotina could rotate Michel and Dominguez so to find out who is in better form. I look the new valeron in Dominguez
And there is also Valeron He could play as AMC. But he should be substitution for Adrian. I don't like when we play with Adrian in the attack, because he can't play alone. The only one who should play as only attacker is Riki. And i expect minimum 10 goals from him, if he didn't get some injury:S
Also Lassad is nothing special... We bought so many middfielders so we forget about the attack...
I like 4-4-1-1 with
Aranzubia
Pablo/Laure-Lopo-Aythami/Colloto-Escudero(if he comes)/Raul
Uretta/Saul-Rodriguez-Dominguez/Michel-Guardado
Valeron/Adrian
Riki

or maybe 4-1-3-1-1
Aranzubia
Pablo/Laure-Lopo-Colloto/Aythami-Escudero/Raul
Tomas
Uretta-Rodriguez-Guardado
Valeron/Domniguez/Adrian
Riki

The first one is more likely, but it is far of the tactic which will Lotina plays
Old 29-07-2010, 14:46   #5
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I think we are doing well. We have strengthened the squad without spending silly money, Lendoiro cut quite a decent deal with Athletico for Filipe, and we are slowly paying off our debts.
Our squad is young and talented, and realistically we are only perhaps 3 players away from seriously challenging for a Champions league place.
- A no. 2 keeper
- A right back
- Possibly a left back, however Raul may suprise us
- Striker

We are slowly getting rid of the dead wood.. Sergio, Mista, Bodipo.
And I feel that next season will be the last for M.Pablo, P.Alvarez, Lopo (possibly) and Valeron.

So the future is bright, and in the next 2 years we will see a different Depor, hopefully challenging the big boys once again.
Old 02-08-2010, 13:45   #6
Ricardo
Peña Member

Its looks like Benfica are interested in Ze Castro, the price approx 5m euros.
If he were to go.. I think a left back and a striker would be a priority, especially with our current crop of strikers being so injury prone!
Old 02-08-2010, 14:03   #7
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Its looks like Benfica are interested in Ze Castro, the price approx 5m euros.
If he were to go.. I think a left back and a striker would be a priority, especially with our current crop of strikers being so injury prone!

i think we only get 50% of the transfer sum?
Old 02-08-2010, 14:55   #8
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

yes, i think so.. 50% goes to some other company i guess.. either way Benfica pays way too much for players, so this one may be true..
Old 02-08-2010, 16:28   #9
Ricardo
Peña Member

Jeeeeez... that means 2.5-3m for us! I cant see us getting more than 5-6m euros for him. The only way we would get more, is if he was to feature for us week in week out, and I cant see that happening next season.
Old 12-08-2010, 14:48   #10
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

My thoughts on the upcoming season………..

This summer has been quite frantic with the new incorporations to the squad and the exit of many of last year’s panel. In a general sense, I am happy with the youthful additions. They are largely untested so far but we’ve seen enough of them during pre-season to be reasonably optimistic that they will offer more overall than those who’ve exited.

If we look at last year’s stats, Bodipo (19 games / 765 mins), Filipe (24 / 2039), Ivan Perez (26 / 985) and Sergio (27 / 2141) all had significant parts to play in that campaign. Their minutes will be have to be filled by the new incorporations and this poses the question “will they be up to it?”. My view is that they can’t offer less than those players, with the obvious exception of Filipe. Also look at the games / minutes enjoyed by Pablo Alvarez (32 / 1794) and Manuel Pablo (36 / 3138) – they will not figure as prominently this season imo. All of this means we can expect the unexpected in terms of team selection.

At the time of writing, we are still short a left back and a striker. Both are crucial and a striker in particular is urgently needed if we are to avoid a scrap for relegation. The Fabril promotions will be very interesting to see how they progress. Rochela, Raul and Seoane had a taste for the first team last season and they will be hungry to capitalise on that. It’s too early yet, but I hope all three can be a big part of our side 2 years time.

I don’t see big changes to our playing style. There was some talk from the manager that he wants to ‘delay’ Guardado’s position on the field to get the maximum from him. I’m not sure that will be possible in the absence of a solid LB, so I still see him as staying wide on the left, spending more effort than ought to be necessary helping out the LB position. If I had to pick the backline now, it would be Aranzubia, MP, Lopo, Colotto and Laure – simply for their collective experience so far. But I am looking for Seoane and Raul to seriously challenge for starting spots as side defenders. The midfield could see the Antonio Tomas / JR dominance as ‘pivotes’ seriously challenged by Ruben Perez and Rochela in that order.

At left wing, Guardado will certainly be the main reference with Desmarets and Saul backing him up. I expect Saul to also challenge along with Urreta for the right wing spot, forcing Alvarez down the pecking order. Michel seems to be a certainty to nail down the playmaking function and Valeron will fill in when he needs to be rested.

In attack, Riki, Lassad and Adrian will have it between them and I can’t separate any of them at the moment. The ‘dark horse’ will be Dioni from Fabril – he looks like he could be a useful alternate if and when one of the other three gets injured.

I don’t expect we will push for Europe this season. We might play a little more football but we still lack ‘punch’ in attack and our transition from defence to attack is still not rapid enough to cause sides problems. All being well, I think we’ll finish between 7th and 10th in Liga.

This is also a critical year for Lotina. He must show us something other than a solid defensive mentality. To progress, we need to shed the ‘fear of losing’ mindset. We must push further up the pitch against all but the big teams and begin to play with confidence in our opponents territory. Even though we had a terrible second half last season, it can be said that Lotina has achieved his first objective, stabilising our position as a mid-table team. The fans, and no doubt Lendoiro, will demand that he improves on that this year.

Team I think we’ll see at the start of the season………

Aranzubia

MP, Lopo, Colotto, Laure

JR, Tomas

Alvarez, Michel, Guardado

Riki

Team I would like to see by the end of the year………

Aranzubia

Seoane, Rochela, Colotto, Raul

Dominguez, Ruben Perez

Urreta, Michel, Guardado

Adrian

Last edited by Rack : 12-08-2010 at 14:52.
Old 13-08-2010, 13:07   #11
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Nice one, Rack.

If Lendo is a little realistic he does not demand too much (improvement) from Lotina until then I am the realistic one, and pray for 42 points with this squad.
Old 16-08-2010, 14:01   #12
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rack
I don’t expect we will push for Europe this season. We might play a little more football but we still lack ‘punch’ in attack and our transition from defence to attack is still not rapid enough to cause sides problems. All being well, I think we’ll finish between 7th and 10th in Liga.

My thoughts as well, though i think any place from 7-8 to 13-14 is equally possible.
My biggest hope is to watch more attractive football and more goals (even though, more attacking football will produce more goals against us as well).
Old 26-08-2010, 11:40   #13
Ricardo
Peña Member

I think we may well be finishing in 6-7th place. We seem to have a strong competitive squad, which allows for rotation. If Lendoiro manages to bring in a decent striker before next wednesday, then I think we will have a comfortable season.
Our main goal much be qualification to the Europa league.
Second goal : Copa del Rey
Old 26-08-2010, 12:09   #14
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

The only thing I'd say about the Copa, Ricardo is that we already have an extremely tough schedule in January when the Copa begins for us.

Bilbao (away), Barca (home), Valencia (away), Zaragoza (away) and Sevilla (home).

Past seasons have also seen us struggle at that time with injuries. We're going to need some dream draws and a huge slice of luck if we are to progress beyond January in the Copa.

Looking again at the league fixtures, the beginning and end of each round is filled with difficult sides. The 'softer' teams we meet in the middle of the rounds, so expect an absolute rollercoaster season guys!
Old 26-08-2010, 16:17   #15
Ricardo
Peña Member

Looks like January is gonna be a tough month indeed.. !
Closed Thread