Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 13-01-2011, 22:06   #1
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COPA 10/11 | Almeria - Deportivo | 13-01-11 | Post match

1-0 to almeria awful match

If I was Lendoiro,
I'd get a striker on Friday, win a game on Saturday,
and be happy on Sunday.

If I was Lendoiro...
If I was Lendoiro

An old man told me, instead of spending money on a defender,
we can use some of that money, on a striker.
I know some so poor, that they sub juca when they need a goal

if i was lendoiro id change
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 22:30   #2
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmyrvold
An old man told me, instead of spending money on a defender,
we can use some of that money, on a striker.

The money for the defender all already packed in the suitcases
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 22:57   #3
caabrego
Administrator
Peña Member

caabrego has disabled reputation

The blame is not on Lendoiro, but on Lotina. Why Juca entered instead of Adrian?

Lotina is simple pathetic.
caabrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2011, 23:01   #4
deporik
Chief of Police

Peña Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe I'm in a negative mood, I dunno but the team and Lotina annoyed me more tonight than I can remember for a very long time. That was an embarrassment. The only silver lining is that we didnt get humiliated in the scoreline.
Old 14-01-2011, 02:07   #5
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego
The blame is not on Lendoiro, but on Lotina. Why Juca entered instead of Adrian?

its crystal clear ... that Lotina is not thinking in the Copa especially since the winner meets Barcelona ....and next liga match will be Valencia

since Adrian is our only striker ( Lassad can't be considered one ) he thought of reasting him and play with another player who needs minutes to regain his form even if its was a wrong sub.
Old 14-01-2011, 02:19   #6
deporiginal
Legend
Peña Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

As I said in the minute-by-minute, Lotina was beyond stupid tonight. In his first year at the club, he constantly annoyed me to death with his idiotic subs, and while that has gotten better over the years, tonight he had a horrible relapse. Seriously, I really want to try and understand what he was trying to accomplish with his adjustments after half-time, but I just can't get my head that far up my ass.

But, don't blame this all on Lotina. The players are just as much at fault here. We were losing at Almeria, battling for a semi-final ticket, and there was no sense of urgency at all, to say the least. The players were just passing the ball around at back, had no movement in midfield and attack whatsoever, and then resorted to committing one childish mistake after another. The first fifteen minutes were actually quite alright for our standards, but what happened after that is nothing short of a travesty.

Lotina should be embarrassed tonight, but the players are just as much to blame. I can honestly say that the second half of this game was probably the worst I've ever seen from Depor. And that says a lot, since I had to sit through plenty of terrible games of this team. Tonight however... There just aren't any words to describe it. The fact that we only lost 1-0, because of a goal that was extremely lucky as well, proves how beatable Almeria was tonight.
deporiginal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 04:38   #7
George Mitsou
Site Team

Peña Member

George Mitsou is an unknown quantity at this point

Depor were very lucky to escape with a narrow loss of 0-1 against a side the motive of which in the Copa remains a question mark. A team clueless when possessing the ball (which is already becoming a typical feature of ours), displaying an unbelievable behavior at the back occasionally (which is a rather lenient expression for the stuff we have witnessed last night). After switching to a back 4 against Barca (I’ve mentioned the possible reasoning in a recent post), Lotina returned again to his 3 DC system (for … consistency purposes I assume), applying an extensive rotation to his starting line-up. Additionally, his formation included a modification in the positioning in midfield (regarding the ML & MR roles in particular), the idea behind it being flexibility, I guess. A flexibility hoping to provide numerical advantages offensively (connections DR-MR and DL-ML from the flanks, players approaching the SC area from behind / wide troubling rival’s defensive structure etc) as well as defensively (compact in central midfield if needed, superior on the flanks, effectively dealing with possible closing in movements of wingers without necessarily being followed by our wing backs etc). Just that these ideas remain theoretical since the team’s performance reflects a low degree of cohesion and lack of harmony, stuff questioning the quality of work “invested” on the training ground. Plus, against an Almeria applying their standard 4-2-3-1 formation, geometry can easily work against you, exactly because of the way the opposing formations “meet” each other. Thus, on occasions where the home side heightened the pace of the game, organizing plays with the participation of both MCs plus their wing backs, balances often seemed pretty delicate for us, with Almeria comfortably finding open spaces.

Having the above in mind, I don’t know if there is any point in discussing Lotina’s policy towards Valeron. That is, if there exists such a thing (policy). When the big picture is described by confusion and improvisations, when Depor’s situation is defined by the lack of basic stuff, it seems rather ridiculous to discuss a truly special case, such as the one of JC. In a recent post I talked about “the awkward situation out there, the player himself as well as the team around him” –which was confirmed again last night. It must be really tough for the guy, he doesn’t deserve it. Even though he’ll never complain, JC has always been noble. However, given the man’s maturity, his personality (Valeron has always been a team player) as well as his stamina status, it’s pretty obvious how to be used. How to be protected, how to keep him lively throughout the match, where to move, what to avoid. Primarily, forming a game plan which would provide offensive options to the player. A player seeking for a potential opportunity (at least an unmarked teammate) the moment he receives the ball. A player with a unique understanding of the game and a unique passing ability. A player who can decide quickly and execute unexpected, sophisticated stuff. As long as he can find references to inspire him, of course. Options! Like in a teammate moving in space. Like linking with somebody or attracting attention so as to liberate other (-s). Always with people moving to be fed, complicating things for rivals. And always guaranteeing that the man faces the net, not moving the ball uselessly backwards, senior Lotina…

PS. Credit to Lotina for assuring an 8 point gap over an underachieving rival on the table.
George Mitsou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 10:03   #8
Captain Charisma
Super-Seasoned

Captain Charisma is off the scale

14/Jan/2011: 00h32: Deportivo: Lotina after the defeat in Copa, "There's nothing much to say, but we still have another game that will decide the series. Almeria is playing pretty good; it's a team that I like and that's interesting."

What a stupid thing to say. He is going to Almeria or.....
Captain Charisma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 11:06   #9
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Charisma
14/Jan/2011: 00h32: Deportivo: Lotina after the defeat in Copa, "There's nothing much to say, but we still have another game that will decide the series. Almeria is playing pretty good; it's a team that I like and that's interesting."

What a stupid thing to say. He is going to Almeria or.....

Lol!!! I thought the same!!

The final conclusion of yesterday's game, is that Almeria is an interesting team! Wow, i feel excited
Old 14-01-2011, 11:50   #10
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by depooor
its crystal clear ... that Lotina is not thinking in the Copa especially since the winner meets Barcelona ....and next liga match will be Valencia
who cares about the match in Valencia? after that (in the champs) we are going to Zaragoza. the most important match of the year.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:28   #11
dj-origenal

dj-origenal is on a distinguished road

I want just to see the videos Lotina watched to bring us that Desma..

dj-origenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2011, 12:33   #12
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj-origenal
I want just to see the videos Lotina watched to bring us that Desma..

you know, in youtube everyone seems amazing
Old 14-01-2011, 12:37   #13
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

We have to admit that we are poor, and we are being managed by a very limited manager, with a limited squad.

We are losing 0-1 in the quarter finals of the cup, and Lotina brings on Juca, what a F****n joke!
I can understand that he wants to rest Adrian.. but what about Dioni, Saul, or Juan Dominguez to retain possesion in the middle of the park.

Its obvious that we need to strengthen the team/squad. However we also need a change in management. I would love us to get someone like Marcelino or Roberto Martinez.. someone young with ambition, motivation and Balls !
Old 14-01-2011, 12:59   #14
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Its obvious that we need to strengthen the team/squad. However we also need a change in management. I would love us to get someone like Marcelino or Roberto Martinez.. someone young with ambition, motivation and Balls !
Hasn't Marcelino said a big no to Lendo, just when Lotina said a kindly yes?

Dj: as for a bus-driver Desma is very good in football
Old 14-01-2011, 13:05   #15
Joak

Joak is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by caabrego

its lendoiro that can fire lotina
Joak is offline   Reply With Quote