Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 29-06-2008, 00:03   #31
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

I know our 5-4-1 isn't all that defensive, but we'll most likely have to bench at least one very talented player, which is quite annoying for a club having a lot of debts.

Anyway, I can't help but get my hopes up for next season. I'm afraid I can only get disappointed I'm just thinking about all the talent we have in the squad right now.
Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Amo, Filipe, Coloccini = great defense
De Guzman, Guardado, Sergio, Lafita (Willy, Valeron) = very talented midfield.
Omar Bravo, Mista (in form), Xisco, Riki = very solid attack.
Yes, I know that a couple of these players won't be great or will disappoint a little, and that some of these players won't even be in La Coruña next year. That's not what I mean though. I'm just saying that this squad has a huge potential, and if most of these players are in good form we could very well be the surprise of the season. That's why I'm really optimistic for next season. I also think it's an advantage that we play some official, important games before the season. Players are more concentrated in those games and they get some important experience from them.

Of course, this is Spain, so we could also end up relegating
Old 29-06-2008, 01:28   #32
monkeypuncher
Peņa Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
I know our 5-4-1 isn't all that defensive, but we'll most likely have to bench at least one very talented player, which is quite annoying for a club having a lot of debts.

Anyway, I can't help but get my hopes up for next season. I'm afraid I can only get disappointed I'm just thinking about all the talent we have in the squad right now.
Manuel Pablo, Lopo, Amo, Filipe, Coloccini = great defense
De Guzman, Guardado, Sergio, Lafita (Willy, Valeron) = very talented midfield.
Omar Bravo, Mista (in form), Xisco, Riki = very solid attack.
Yes, I know that a couple of these players won't be great or will disappoint a little, and that some of these players won't even be in La Coruņa next year. That's not what I mean though. I'm just saying that this squad has a huge potential, and if most of these players are in good form we could very well be the surprise of the season. That's why I'm really optimistic for next season. I also think it's an advantage that we play some official, important games before the season. Players are more concentrated in those games and they get some important experience from them.

Of course, this is Spain, so we could also end up relegating

My main concern is that if we make UEFA cup. I don't want Depor to perform horribly in Liga play and end up relegated.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 02:32   #33
deporiginal
Legend
Peņa Member

deporiginal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypuncher
My main concern is that if we make UEFA cup. I don't want Depor to perform horribly in Liga play and end up relegated.
Meh, if that's so then I wonder what is Deportivo playing for? I think one of the biggest rewards a team can get is to play in Europe. I don't get people saying it's "too soon" for this team or that it's too hard for us to play in two leagues. I hate teams that only care about not being relegated. I mean seriously, what's the point then.

Or people saying that the Uefa is gonna cost us a good place in La Liga, I mean, that's bs too. We reached Uefa (well Intertoto, but it's practically the same) this year. Then the year after some would want to drop out of the Uefa cup so we could do well in La Liga, just so we could reach Uefa again. And then what? The same pointless cycle over and over again?
Old 29-06-2008, 05:06   #34
monkeypuncher
Peņa Member

monkeypuncher is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to monkeypuncher

Quote:
Originally Posted by deporiginal
Meh, if that's so then I wonder what is Deportivo playing for? I think one of the biggest rewards a team can get is to play in Europe. I don't get people saying it's "too soon" for this team or that it's too hard for us to play in two leagues. I hate teams that only care about not being relegated. I mean seriously, what's the point then.

Or people saying that the Uefa is gonna cost us a good place in La Liga, I mean, that's bs too. We reached Uefa (well Intertoto, but it's practically the same) this year. Then the year after some would want to drop out of the Uefa cup so we could do well in La Liga, just so we could reach Uefa again. And then what? The same pointless cycle over and over again?

Perhaps I should explain further.
I completely agree with you. Our goal should always be to play in Europe. I definitely don't think it's too soon.
I'm quite pleased with the moves that have been made so far. You make excellent points about the potential this team has. But, if depor goes deep into the UEFA competition, there's no way they'll be able to continue with the same starters on a consistent basis. Players need to rest, and when they do Depor will need to have quality back-up players in order to perform consistently.
An international team needs depth at every position in order to stay alive and I think Lendoiro's making the right moves in that department.
monkeypuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2008, 23:16   #35
vlada

vlada is on a distinguished road

I still can not understand which formation we will use next year... Probably, the most logical solution is 3-2-5, because we have 7 strikers in the squad (and one possible signing), so formation with 5 attackers is only thing I can imagine at the moment...
Mista? Come on... Only if Taborda, Bodipo and Ruben Castro will 101% be sold and Adrian loaned again, then we will have Xisco, Mista and Omar Bravo (my favourite choice) in the striking zone, and Riki (if he stays) as multifunctional player (second striker, left winger and doubtful playmaker)... I still think that it's not serious using 5-4-1 formation with only having 3 CB in the squad (I know, some of us will say that Piscu is 4th)...
But 2nd good thing IMO in this transfer season is the name of Ze Castro (1st was ofcourse, Omar Bravo)... With him in Depor, and if we keep Colo, the future is going to be sweet...
Old 09-07-2008, 10:38   #36
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

Lotina confirmed again that we will play with 5 at the back. There could be variation in the attack and midfield, 2 midfielders vs 3 forwards is an option but also 2 strikers with 3 midfielders.

It's really time to sell Taborda, Ruben and Bodipo.
Old 09-07-2008, 12:57   #37
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

It's mid-July now and our signs of evolution are positive. Remember that our financial position remains very bad and that we need many positive developments to become a more stable team again, and to show that our 9th spot of last season (remembering our position in January I still can't believe it!) wasn't an incident.

We have sufficient discussions about players coming in and going out. But the broad picture is that we don't seem desperate to offload players, and that's a very good sign. There were times (Arbeloa) that we took any cent we could get, but now we hesitate about selling a veteran defender like Pablo Amo (who only has played half a succesfull season at the club since 2002) for €2 million.

A fact is that we already have some players in who have good options to strenghten our squad (Mista, Omar Bravo, Zé Castro). I don't see us losing too many starting players this summer, which could mean that our squad will only be broadened.

The fact that clubs are interested in our players means that we have made them more valuable this season, and that's very important for our evolution. I wrote last year that I didn't see too many valuable (market value) players in our team when the season started. For example, Filipe hadn't shown too much yet and Coloccini had been very irregular. Manuel Pablo's, Pablo Amo's, Valeron's and Sergio's days seemed over and Guardado + Lafita + Xisco were big question marks and De Guzmán only recently had become an valuable player back then. I would say that we have at least doubled the value of our players last year.

There's now calmness at the club, and that's good. We have a chance to get into the UEFA Cup and that's very important for prestige and the experience of players, and is also very attractive to them. The international exerpience of the current squad is very low.

For the first time since the summer of 2004 I see us evolving again in a positive way!

Last edited by Leon : 09-07-2008 at 12:59.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 13:03   #38
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Really?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon
Remember that our financial position remains very bad

For the first time since the summer of 2004 I see us evolving again in a positive way!
I felt you saw us evolving last year and at any time as well.
Old 09-07-2008, 14:03   #39
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

what makes me comfortable this season

is that we furnished our team with very good players

our substitutes will be better than before , having ( possible ) : ze castro , lafita ,laurae,xisco , JR , A-tomas ,Valeron, Riki , fabricio

thats a really good sign
Old 09-07-2008, 14:22   #40
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I felt you saw us evolving last year and at any time as well.

Then I claim another victory (after Castro's) because we ended up well last season! LOL

I did saw us progressing, even somewhat during our difficult months, because we had our biggest low ever during the summer of 2007. Things couldn't become much worse: moral and confidence was low, quality players not available at the spot.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 16:13   #41
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

what I can say these (Mista, Bravo, Filipe, Lafita) signings seem to be more competitive than the ones of Verdú, Cristian, Bodipo, Alcantara...
I have some doubts about Zé Castro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StURfiixAuU
I would rather give a new chance to Aythami, he was acceptable in the segunda. But who knows, of course, what comes in the future?
So up-to-now there is an evolution in signings.
Old 09-07-2008, 16:25   #42
depooor
Peņa Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
what I can say these (Mista, Bravo, Filipe, Lafita) signings seem to be more competitive than the ones of Verdú, Cristian, Bodipo, Alcantara...
I have some doubts about Zé Castro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StURfiixAuU
I would rather give a new chance to Aythami, he was acceptable in the segunda. But who knows, of course, what comes in the future?
So up-to-now there is an evolution in signings.

Man its just an action ,,,, you can't judge hi from one

if he made 4-8 maybe by then you can do so !!
Old 09-07-2008, 16:31   #43
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

I did not judge him, I have just mentioned, I have some doubts (like playing for Aca Coimbra, not for Portugal star-teams Sporting-Benfica-Porto, or not playing for ATMA too much, after this error, because his coach did judged him according to this action. Similar Lotina over Aythami). But as I said, who knows, nothing for sure? I wait for a good Zé Castro.
Old 17-07-2008, 11:46   #44
Depor_Vin
Veteran
Peņa Member

Depor_Vin is an unknown quantity at this point

I just stumbled upon a video of our win over Real Madrid in the copa final and looking at the lineup before gave me an idea of comparing todays lineup to then. So here we are:

and the back ups:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anuroc
If you had made the 2002 reserves team, you'll notice the talent gap between both teams is huge. Roy Makaay, in his prime, was warming the bench.

Done.

Although obviously a few players here will be loaned out or even sold.
(And yet I still havn't included the likes of: Bodipo,Ruben,Taborda, Jairo,Rodri,Momo,Aythami,Alcantara,Aouate & Munua)

And as anuroc says, there is clear talent gap between todays back up team to the one in 2002, but this was to be expected. The back up team from 2002 could easily of been another top half La Liga team, whereas today's probably more like top half segunda.

Last edited by Depor_Vin : 19-07-2008 at 07:56.
Depor_Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-07-2008, 05:06   #45
anuroc

anuroc is off the scale
Send a message via ICQ to anuroc

If you had made the 2002 reserves team, you'll notice the talent gap between both teams is huge. Roy Makaay, in his prime, was warming the bench.