Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruņa here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 19-05-2008, 09:30   #1
Shelvin
Peņa Member

Shelvin is on a distinguished road

Go Depor Go. Next season this team is going to be a force to reckon with!
Shelvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 09:57   #2
Leon
Banned
Peņa MemberBanned

Leon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2008/2009 | General topic about Deportivo's evolution

With the 2007/2008 season over, and most talking now being about the new season already, here is its own topic!

I don't expect big squad changes this summer. We might sell one of our stars to finance the signings of Lafita, Wilhelmesson, Filipe and possible 1 or 2 others. Players like Taborda, Bodipo and Rubén might make way for someone like Omar Bravo, who can come for free.

With keeping this in mind, I hope that at the end of next season we still have UEFA Cup options with 1 or 2 matches remaining. That means that 6th spot is within our reach, we would be playing a season like Racing de Santander and Mallorca this year and relegation is already a non-issue. That means that finishing 8th or 9th would be a good achievement, especially if we get into the UEFA Cup group phase during next season.

Remember that rivalry for European spots will be big with teams like Real Madrid, Barcelona, Valencia, Atletico, Sevilla and Villarreal fighting for the biggest fishes and teams like Racing, Mallorca, Athletic, Betis and Getafe in our league.

I don't have high hopes on Almeria, Espanyol, Valladolid, Recreativo and Osasuna for next season. Together with the newcomers (Numancia and two out of three from Sporting Gijón/Málaga/Real Sociedad), we should be able to let all these clubs fight it out against relegation.

Last edited by Leon : 21-05-2008 at 18:05.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 12:13   #3
ggeorg

Peņa Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Too early to have a view on the forthcoming season, i think any position from 2 to 19, is possible at the moment, but we have 2 advantages comparing the situation one year before.

One is the experience (after all these experiments on the 1st round of this season), about how this team could work. We can assume that there will be no radical changes in summer.

Second is that the team has the experience to handle emergency cases! For a club that's aiming to the higher positions, it's always more difficult to handle a possible relegation situation. That was the case of deportivo at the first round and the case of Zaragosa at the second round...
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 12:21   #4
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

Next season will depend a lot on the transfers this summer.
I know that this can be said of any season, but this one will be a good judge of how our finances really are and what our objectives will be.
Can we keep Colo, can we buy Lafita, Filipe and Willy. I don't think all of these are possible.
What other players will go, there are some that I think should go, but year after year we keep them and then they go on a free.
A lot of rubbish will be talked during the next 2 months....I'm ready for it

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2008, 15:30   #5
Benn
Veteran

Peņa Member

Benn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Benn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
Next season will depend a lot on the transfers this summer.
I know that this can be said of any season, but this one will be a good judge of how our finances really are and what our objectives will be.
Can we keep Colo, can we buy Lafita, Filipe and Willy. I don't think all of these are possible.
What other players will go, there are some that I think should go, but year after year we keep them and then they go on a free.
A lot of rubbish will be talked during the next 2 months....I'm ready for it

I do think it's very possible to keep all of the names you mentioned, Feli.
Colo - Yes he's probably going to wanted in a few clubs, but Im not sure theres any clubs who will pay what we ask.
Lafita - Zaragoza going down, he is as good as ours.
Filipe - He is ours, as we have a buyout option on him.
Willy - Nantes has expressed that they do not want him. He's as good as ours.

The only doubts I see in the last three would be if any bigger clubs came with an offer.

I feel very confident that they're all to be found in A Coruņa next season.
Old 20-05-2008, 11:31   #6
javientes
Site Team

Peņa Member

javientes is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems that Lotina wants to keep two forwards of the current squad and add two others. Xisco and Riki will probably stay. Bravo could be one of the new strikers, but Lotina considers him as a second striker (and backup for the wing). In that case Depor would keep looking for a pure striker.
Taborda, Bodipo and Ruben are likely to be sold and Adrian on loan.

I hope it will go this way. We need more quality instead of quantinty.
Old 20-05-2008, 11:41   #7
Lebn8r
Retired Admin
Peņa Member

Lebn8r is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by javientes
It seems that Lotina wants to keep two forwards of the current squad and add two others. Xisco and Riki will probably stay. Bravo could be one of the new strikers, but Lotina considers him as a second striker (and backup for the wing). In that case Depor would keep looking for a pure striker.
Taborda, Bodipo and Ruben are likely to be sold and Adrian on loan.

I hope it will go this way. We need more quality instead of quantinty.

That's very interesting, that means there is no room for Adrian in the first team next season? Perhaps another Loan option will be on the cards OR If Fabril win promotion then he may gain valuable minutes via the Segunda A avenue (as will many of our other starlets).

Lebn8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 12:27   #8
hari

Peņa Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

IMO, Adrian needs to play more in segunda.. and if Fabril is promoted, it wud be the best place for him, since he can alternate between them and 1st team.. i dont think that we shud loan him to a primera club..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2008, 18:46   #9
DepHun
Legend
Peņa Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

something like this season Adrian should finally start his primera career. I don't know what others think, but according to me, at the age of 20 he is in his best time to do so...
Old 21-05-2008, 12:42   #10
istike
Seasoned Member

istike is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
something like this season Adrian should finally start his primera career. I don't know what others think, but according to me, at the age of 20 he is in his best time to do so...
Agree, considering the fact, that he was loaned out during the winter, so probably he improved in some aspects. I guess Lotina will test the players and he will decide, if he gained enough quality to stay with the first team or not.
Old 21-05-2008, 17:36   #11
Ricardo
Peņa Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Adrian's loan period was very short, something like 2 months. If we have the adequate fire power up front, which should be Xisco, Riki, Bravo, plus a new signing.. then I would like to see Adrian loaned out to a segunda team for at least 6 months, to continue progressing. I can see Taborda, Bodipo and Ruben all leaving.

I think its vital to sign Filipe, Lafita and Willy.. I feel they will all be better next season as well. We also need to bring in another midfield player IMO. I would like to see Alex B (Fabril) given a chance, hopefully he can impress Lotina during pre-season. I also think Lotina will sell or loan Cristian, Verdu or Alvarez, as we cant accomodate all 3. Momo will probably be sold aswell.

A left back to cover Filipe is also needed IMO. I think the Fabril players such as Piscu, Chapi, Laure will feature throughout next season, should we have injuries in defense. I can also see Rodri and Alcantara being loaned out again or sold. Unless we sign another centre back, I think Aythami, P.Amo, Lopo and Piscu could be the main 4, as I think we will sell Colocho should an offer of 10m plus come in.

I can also see Auoate and Munua being sold. Aranzubia could come in on a free transfer to cover that spot, and Manu will probably be our 2nd keeper.

Therefore with the money from the sales of our 3 strikers, Colo and our goalkeepers.. we should be able to sign our loan players, and add 2-3 new players to the squad.

All in all, not to many changes... just need to strengthen as well as we can to continue climbing the table, and get back to finishing in the top 6.
Old 22-05-2008, 10:32   #12
istike
Seasoned Member

I we sell Colo we will hardly reach Europe, IMO. (until we don't sign an adequate cover)
Old 22-05-2008, 11:11   #13
Feliuk
Administrator

Peņa Member

Feliuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Feliuk

You all seem to forget we have a MASSIVE debt so unles someone gives Depor some millions then Depor HAVE to sell.

Feliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2008, 11:15   #14
deporik
Chief of Police

Peņa Member

deporik is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd be happy to put a curly wig on Taborda and sell him for 12 million.
Old 22-05-2008, 13:31   #15
istike
Seasoned Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feliuk
You all seem to forget we have a MASSIVE debt so unles someone gives Depor some millions then Depor HAVE to sell.
Yes, you are right. But still...
I still hope, that a new investor will come in the near future, especially now, when we are close to play Uefa.
If that would happen, we can keep the key players and we can build a team on them.