Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 23-05-2018, 23:23   #31
deporenrique

deporenrique is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
100% agree here! I really liked Francis, from the moment i first saw him, but watching a couple of Fabril games the last weeks, he is too inconsistent. He is young, he can evolve, but no way i wish him for a starter.

I went to Abegando the first day Francis joined Depor. I saw him working with Ruben and told to myself, who is this guy?! I figured he would be somebody we are trying out or something. I go back to the hotel and open my regular depor websites, and I see that we signed Francis for Juvenil. Looking at him and Ruben at practice, couldn't really see what the difference was as he was making just as good of a save as Ruben, if not better.

Anyhow, I agree with Carmelo that he needs to stay at Fabril and practice with the first team. If the coaches determine that he should start, then he will, but we should definitely NOT have him on the bench. The kid needs to play.

Needless to say that he starts for Nigeria at the World Cup, and apparently he will, everything we wrote here would be useless, as we will probably sell him at that point to the highest bidder.

Last edited by deporenrique : 23-05-2018 at 23:28.
deporenrique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 00:24   #32
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

It's true that Francis has committed some mistakes, but also equally true that he has made some great saves (that I don't think any of our first team GK were able to). If I had to choose between playing with Rubén, Tyton, Pantillimon, and playing with Francis, the answer would have been quite easy for me: all of them are going to make mistakes, that's for sure, but the big difference is that at least Francis can learn from those mistakes and improve, as he's young, has potential, and probably with time, confidence and continuity, he could become a great GK.

I remember when our Fabricio made his debut with Depor, after the fight between Munúa and Aouate. He also had potential, but... was the young Fabri ready by then? Surely not, and he committed a lot of mistakes in those first games. But that experience, that presssure, helped him a lot in his evolution to improve and become a better GK. Also Iker Casillas made his debut very young, forced by the circumstances, and I remember he committed terrible mistakes in his first matches as well. But again, this helped him a lot to become a legend later. If people would have waited until Fabri or Casillas were the final product, without mistakes, then I'm sure they would have never played. IMO the best way you learn is playing at the top level, I'm sure they learned more in those few matches with the first team than in years with the young teams.

With Francis, it can be funny that he was not good enough for our first team, even with the poor level we had, but he can be good enough to play a World Cup against Argentina, Croatia and Island. And if he plays, I have no doubt he will do some great saves, with the big danger that it could come many offers, and he probably has a ridiculous release clause.

Anyway, we are what we are. A club where Ínsua was not good enough for us, so was sent to Leganés one year after another, until he was good enough for Schalke 04, 2nd in Bundesliga, that even paid some money for him. A club where Róber was not good enough for us, and was sent to Levante one year after another, Levante that got 17 points more than us. A club where Oscar Pinchi has been knocking at the door of the first team for several years, and now tired of not getting it, he's going to leave this summer for free. A club where, basically, our youngsters are NEVER good enough to have chances, but hey! we have no problem in giving all those chances to other youngsters, like that Valverde guy, who came from Real Madrid Castilla this summer, a much worse team than Fabril if we look to the table, or like Bakkali, Marlos Moreno, Ola John, Jonathan Rodríguez, Fariña or José Rodríguez to name a few mediocre young players on loan that have had many chances and minutes with us instead of our fabrilistas.

So I would be very surprised if we suddenly start to trust in our youngsters, I'd really love that, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen, at least under this president and this... project?
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2018, 09:54   #33
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with the above and it sounds like Carmelo does too. For the last 4 years we have neglected the youth policy and gone for the instant fix, which this season didn't work.

There are currently players like Edu, One, Mujaid who could slot into our 1st team squad for next season. Added to that we could also see Alex B, Rober, Pinchi, Bicho (if fit), Fornos and Francis.

So I expect to see a different DNA to our Team next season.
Old 24-05-2018, 12:18   #34
valeron21
Super-Seasoned

valeron21 is on a distinguished road

not good times ahead...having Tyton and Dani G. as keepers......wtff...
Old 25-05-2018, 16:38   #35
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
It's true that Francis has committed some mistakes, but also equally true that he has made some great saves (that I don't think any of our first team GK were able to). If I had to choose between playing with Rubén, Tyton, Pantillimon, and playing with Francis, the answer would have been quite easy for me: all of them are going to make mistakes, that's for sure, but the big difference is that at least Francis can learn from those mistakes and improve, as he's young, has potential, and probably with time, confidence and continuity, he could become a great GK.

I remember when our Fabricio made his debut with Depor, after the fight between Munúa and Aouate. He also had potential, but... was the young Fabri ready by then? Surely not, and he committed a lot of mistakes in those first games. But that experience, that presssure, helped him a lot in his evolution to improve and become a better GK. Also Iker Casillas made his debut very young, forced by the circumstances, and I remember he committed terrible mistakes in his first matches as well. But again, this helped him a lot to become a legend later. If people would have waited until Fabri or Casillas were the final product, without mistakes, then I'm sure they would have never played. IMO the best way you learn is playing at the top level, I'm sure they learned more in those few matches with the first team than in years with the young teams.

With Francis, it can be funny that he was not good enough for our first team, even with the poor level we had, but he can be good enough to play a World Cup against Argentina, Croatia and Island. And if he plays, I have no doubt he will do some great saves, with the big danger that it could come many offers, and he probably has a ridiculous release clause.

Anyway, we are what we are. A club where Ínsua was not good enough for us, so was sent to Leganés one year after another, until he was good enough for Schalke 04, 2nd in Bundesliga, that even paid some money for him. A club where Róber was not good enough for us, and was sent to Levante one year after another, Levante that got 17 points more than us. A club where Oscar Pinchi has been knocking at the door of the first team for several years, and now tired of not getting it, he's going to leave this summer for free. A club where, basically, our youngsters are NEVER good enough to have chances, but hey! we have no problem in giving all those chances to other youngsters, like that Valverde guy, who came from Real Madrid Castilla this summer, a much worse team than Fabril if we look to the table, or like Bakkali, Marlos Moreno, Ola John, Jonathan Rodríguez, Fariña or José Rodríguez to name a few mediocre young players on loan that have had many chances and minutes with us instead of our fabrilistas.

So I would be very surprised if we suddenly start to trust in our youngsters, I'd really love that, but I'm afraid it's not going to happen, at least under this president and this... project?

Well said
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 13:59   #36
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Edgar Badia looks to be a good bet, we were interested in him last season..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2018, 16:20   #37
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
Edgar Badia looks to be a good bet, we were interested in him last season..

Yes! He would be an excellent addition. But if we interested in him, then why we signed Dani Gimenez?
Old 26-05-2018, 17:38   #38
hari

Peña Member

as far as I understand, Francis is going to be the third GK next season...
Old 27-05-2018, 05:56   #39
abdul001
Seasoned Member

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

edgar badia in
tyton out
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2018, 17:00   #40
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

Just read that Çolak is on his way out for a record breaking €1.5 million. Talk about a fire sale. We’re going to pocket about €4.5-5 million for Andone and Çolak, combined.
Really hope some of the Fabril lads get a legitimate chance to play at segunda next season. Most of our “stars” will be gone next season so give these kids the chance to represent Deportivo at the next level. Hopefully they’ll be hungry enough to fight tooth and nail for the team.
Old 28-05-2018, 07:49   #41
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

1,5 M for Colak - that is terrible. We have to earn at least 5M for him - but then again, 1,5 might be his relese clause - I wouldn't be surprised.
Old 28-05-2018, 09:33   #42
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
Anyway, we are what we are. A club where Ínsua was not good enough for us, so was sent to Leganés one year after another, until he was good enough for Schalke 04, 2nd in Bundesliga, that even paid some money for him. A club where Róber was not good enough for us, and was sent to Levante one year after another, Levante that got 17 points more than us. A club where Oscar Pinchi has been knocking at the door of the first team for several years, and now tired of not getting it, he's going to leave this summer for free. A club where, basically, our youngsters are NEVER good enough to have chances, but hey!

Not arguing on this, but i think the main problem is that we don't produce good players, not that we are producing good quality and not taking advantage of it.

Insua is a good player, for Rober i have doubts (from the games i saw him with Levante) but anw, we were supposed to be investing big in Abegondo some 15 years back or what (when was the main investment in Abegondo? 2004 or sth?) and within those years how many Abegondo players have left to play at top level (Depor or no Depor?).

Abegondo is a failure, this is a big problem.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 10:23   #43
heidern
Administrator
Peña Member

heidern is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna play the devil's advocate here
It's easy to forget that contract negotiations go both ways and it's not like playing FIFA where you decide everything. Our players are not receiving the highest salaries in the world and this is why they can negotiate to have lower buyout clauses in their contract.
heidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2018, 11:58   #44
hari

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
Not arguing on this, but i think the main problem is that we don't produce good players, not that we are producing good quality and not taking advantage of it.

Insua is a good player, for Rober i have doubts (from the games i saw him with Levante) but anw, we were supposed to be investing big in Abegondo some 15 years back or what (when was the main investment in Abegondo? 2004 or sth?) and within those years how many Abegondo players have left to play at top level (Depor or no Depor?).

Abegondo is a failure, this is a big problem.
I agree the same George, though I felt more hope in the last 2-3 years.. I feel that there is better scouting nowadays, the youth system looks more professional (particularly the appointment of Parralo), but we still have to go a long way on this, and Carmelo has a big job in his hands...
Old 28-05-2018, 13:17   #45
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

I am close to agree with the theory, that it is easier and cheaper to bring in players like Desmaraets and Taborda and survive somehow, than to have 200-300 kids, train them, educate them, compete with them, to pay salaries to at least 10 coaches, doctors, some admin guys, pay the electricity and water bills, keep maintaining 10 pitches, pay for the buses to take out the kids from A Coruna to Abegondo and so on.