Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Transfers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Transfers Discuss Depor's possible incoming players in this forum. Talk about publicised rumours or suggest your own transfer targets. Talk about these players in their own thread (preferably) or in general topics. Any transfers not related to Depor belong to common threads. Current players of Deportivo who might be going out have their own thread in the Deportivo Forum.

Old 26-06-2018, 10:21   #151
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Like I said before - cleaning up the dressing room should be priority number 1. We had decent Primera players - but they couldn't function as a team and we let them try for 2-3 years. Clean them up and give a chance to players that can accept coaches orders, that can fight for a team and try to improve on a daily base, some of them from Fabril.

Andone, Luisinho, Colak gone. Good. Albentosa, Tyton, Guilherme should be next.
Not renoving Koval,Ruben,Navarro,Muntari,Bakkalli,Gil -is also a good idea.

Would like to keep Sidnei,Rober,Schar but that will be hard. At least 1 of them should stay. I also prefer Lucas and Adrian to stay, but that probably won't happen as well. I would also sell Juanfran and Borges. These two aren't trouble-makers I think, but they don't seem to be the added value - they are decent squad players - but with a big wage, that we can not handle anymore. Big wage is for players with exeptional value to the team.

I would really try to convince Cartabia to stay, in my mind he could be the pillar of the new Depor - the key figure in offense. And for him we should put up a fight, a real one.

I generally am not in favor of big changes at a team, but our team has proved, that despite quality, it can not function. So a radical change this season, with a havy thought on character together with quality, then just upgrading on the next seasons.

All in all:
GK: Gimenez, Francis, (new face - if real value, otherwise no)
RB: Valentin, Boveda (Shaky, but Segunda appropriate)
LB: the new Argentinian, Saul, (Caballo)
CB: Schar,Rober,(One), (new face - wait untill the end of the window)
DM: Mosquera,Alex,Krohn-Dehli(his value is questionable, but probably he will stay), Edu
Winger,Playmaker: Cartabia,Valle, (Pinchi), (2-3 new names - start signing already)
ST: Rolan (maybe he needs a season in Segunda to grow), (2 new names - start signing quickly)

Ive read that the club are looking to recoup 20m from sales, so that would indicate that Sidnei, Cartabia, Schar and Juanfran will all leave.
Cartabia is apparently available for 2.5m euros and has interest from a Greek team. Ive also read that Rober will be staying at Levante next season, am not sure if he has extended his contract with us.

I also doubt we will see Rolan in Segunda next season.
Old 26-06-2018, 10:41   #152
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
Ive read that the club are looking to recoup 20m from sales, so that would indicate that Sidnei, Cartabia, Schar and Juanfran will all leave.
Cartabia is apparently available for 2.5m euros and has interest from a Greek team. Ive also read that Rober will be staying at Levante next season, am not sure if he has extended his contract with us.

I also doubt we will see Rolan in Segunda next season.

Rober has a clause that allows him to stay at Levante without extending his contract with us, his contract is till 2020, If we stay in Segunda for 2 years he will leave for free.
our only chance is to promote to Premira and then sell him or force him to sign a new contract extension.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 11:04   #153
ggeorg

Peña Member

ggeorg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iztok
Like I said before - cleaning up the dressing room should be priority number 1. We had decent Primera players - but they couldn't function as a team and we let them try for 2-3 years. Clean them up and give a chance to players that can accept coaches orders, that can fight for a team and try to improve on a daily base, some of them from Fabril.

I don't think that in a football team, as well as in any team at any kind of job there is this idea "who is a troublemaker, out, who isn't stays".

Every individual has it's own characteristics and there's a combination of things (like setting the rules right) that make some people behave and some not. I don't think there are many troublemakers per se, they became trouble makers at wrong environments.

Balotelli, the golden boot holder for the troublemakers, had some great seasons recently at Nice, scoring like 15 goals per season, not creating any kind of problem. Under the right guidance, environment and people, even Balotelli can behave.

The role of the club is to make different kind of people work as a collective and respect the others and the club, not paying some millions to bring in someone and then declaring "oh, he's a troublemaker, lets get rid of him".
If we aim high at segunda division, we need to get a few really quality players, and how can a quality player accept and play at segunda division? Well, one reason, is that he is regarded a "troublemaker", or a "lazy" guy, etc...
We have to bring in a couple of players of such profile and make them play for the team.
If we were about to get rid of every Djalminha (i.e.) we wouldn't have watched the magic of that Depor.
ggeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2018, 11:23   #154
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the staff had planty of time to "control" Lusinho, Andone, Arribas and the rest.
I don't know if they behaved any better at the end, but one thing is for sure - Depor on the pitch didn't function as a team. One other aspect is the staff - if you change 5-6 coaches in 2/3 seasons them you are bound to create problems, not solutions. Also the claueses that indirectly guide a player not to fight hard to stay in Primera, but to benefit from a drop to Segunda are posionus to the mix.

The mind state of the team right now is a losing mentalaty with Ego showing all over the place. In this circumstance we aren't able to absorb troublesome individuals. We can do that, when we have a stable team, winning mentality and a group that can function together under a guidence of a respected coach.
My thought is that we blew the project and now need to reset - to start all over and find the chemistry. After we form a block, the group plays as a team, then we can start with aditions.
Old 26-06-2018, 11:55   #155
ggeorg

Peña Member

I agree Iztok with what you're saying.

But to avoid facing similar problems in the future, we need to organize a proper structure (president, sporting director, team staff, etc...) so for every player that comes here it will be clear that this isn't a place to play around.

Under such conditions even current non-motivated payers, can find motivation.

But for me, this is a problem of the club, not a problem of the players.

Form my point of view, our problem is Tino and co, not Colak and Luisinho...
Old 27-06-2018, 10:03   #156
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Yorgos! your comment at 10:04 was the comment of the year for me. no kidding.

for me Luisinho was never a troublemaker. I have always tolerated much more this type of guys. But Luisinho on the pitch gave everything for Depor, I don't think anyone could or should criticize him for that. The rumors from the training: we don't know properly what happened.
Old 27-06-2018, 10:45   #157
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

I agree Yorgos that the problem involves all structures at the club.
What I would like is that all the involved parties agree on a new Depor deal. Where there is a clear order, where everybody knows how to behave and what is a consequence of not obeying to the rules. That isn't under control - that is seen from far, even if we don't know the details.

Tino should stay away from players and coaches. His job is financial - supposebly he is good at that. The sporting director is the one that decides on the coaches, staff, players, etc ofcourse within the budget - that has to be clear as well. The sporting director is the first one to take the fault for sporting failure. The coach he hires has to cooperate with him and together they aprove players - but it has to be checked as a package - not only football knowledge wise. I am sorry to say so, but usualy players are a bunch of overpayed and overegoistic persons. But the coach needs a team. How that will be managed is the essence of any sporting organizaition.
Old 28-06-2018, 08:12   #158
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggeorg
If we were about to get rid of every Djalminha (i.e.) we wouldn't have watched the magic of that Depor.

the magic of Depor was made by committed players and not only Djalminha, we wouldn't have achieved anything if we have 3-4 problematic players like him. I agree that the club structure and rules should govern everything but this does not mean to bring quality players regardless of their attitude, bad attitude is poisonous and not easy to control even if you have good coach and clear organizational rules, Cirstobal for example is an excellent coach but now we know that many players were against him because they thought they are bigger than a coach coming from Sequnda-B, so I insist that players character are as important as their quality and I have no doubts that lusisniho is a troublemaker and iam happy that we got rid of him.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2018, 15:36   #159
abdul001
Seasoned Member

abdul001 is on a distinguished road

welcome sanchez
abdul001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 08:32   #160
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deporlover
the magic of Depor was made by committed players and not only Djalminha, we wouldn't have achieved anything if we have 3-4 problematic players like him..
hahaha, we had party-face Diego Tristan in the team, and I am almost sure, that Luque was crazy as hell.
Old 29-06-2018, 09:52   #161
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

With Pedro and Santos we start to form an offensive line. Together with Valle we have 3 players, question remains about Fede and Gil.
We need leaders in offense - anyone we have our eyes on?
Old 29-06-2018, 12:19   #162
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
hahaha, we had party-face Diego Tristan in the team, and I am almost sure, that Luque was crazy as hell.
may be they had, but I guess they were still united and worked as a team which is why we had good results..

Last edited by hari : 29-06-2018 at 12:31.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-06-2018, 16:13   #163
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hari
may be they had, but I guess they were still united and worked as a team which is why we had good results..
well, maybe the results made them united. but I am sure, not everyone was happy with Tristan's character in the team. I mean, his colleagues.
Old 01-07-2018, 17:14   #164
Marci 14
Seasoned Member

Marci 14 is on a distinguished road

Now it's 1st of July, some players end their link with us, if I'm right the followings:
Rubén, Boveda, Navarro, Krohn-Dehli, Muntari plus the loaned players.
While in the meantime we annouced the loan of Pablo Mari from Man City.
Old 01-07-2018, 18:00   #165
ggeorg

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marci 14
While in the meantime we annouced the loan of Pablo Mari from Man City.

I'm feeling the excitement around here