Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Old 01-07-2017, 17:32   #31
hari

Peña Member

hari is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to hari

As far as I know, Fajr himself has asked for a transfer/release.. regarding Colak, that there have been rumors of offers but I don't believe that his selling is a priority for the club and only a terrific offer (like €7-10 million) would be taken seriously, provided Colak himself won't force an exit..
hari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 17:55   #32
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Blue_Nation is on a distinguished road

I wouldn't be surprised if both leave, specially because Mel didn't seem to count with them too much in the last games, both disappeared from the starting XI and that could be a hint.
Blue_Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 18:02   #33
hari

Peña Member

last season was a season to forget, don't even remind me about it
Old 01-07-2017, 18:13   #34
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Fair enough

Let's focus on the future and hope that the extra money can make us finally build a team good enough to forget all these hard last years/decade, stop suffering and start to enjoy again
Old 02-07-2017, 06:36   #35
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filip
before i party, i'd like to know how much we'll have to pay back in the end.
Gettings loans and stuff isn't the difficult part, ask Lendoiro....

15 years ago Lendo would do it easily but not now, after all the damage he has done to the club no bank will be ready to give us one Euro, thanks to Tino efforts we managed to get this loan, If I was a Bank owner and Depor asked me for 5 Million Euro 2 years ago I would never give BUT now things changed and the new management proved that it is decent and hardworking and have done remarkable job in the recent few years by paying significant part of the debt.
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 06:42   #36
Deporlover
Super-Seasoned

Deporlover is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
A bit bored, so decided to take a look at the players we've signed during these 3 years and a half of sporting direction under Tino

Counted 46 players, to be divided later into 3 categories

2014 (4)
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán

2014/15 (15)
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Borges, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López

2015/16 (12)
Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Navarro, Arribas, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl,

2016/17 (15)
Babel, Guilherme, Andone, Çolak, Albentosa, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Bruno Gama, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef

FAILINGS:
DECENT:
SUCCESSFUL:

These are my ratings:

FAILINGS (players who underperformed or didn't give the level expected from them, or had few minutes):
Rabello, Sissoko, Lopo, Ifrán, Cavaleiro, Oriol Riera, José Rodriguez, Cuenca, Medunjanin, Fariña, Postiga, Canella, Hélder Costa, Diakité, Borja López, Manu, Cani, Fajr, Pletikosa, Jonathan Rodríguez, Jonás Gutierrez, Saúl, Albentosa, Çolak, Bruno Gama, Tyton, Carles Gil, Marlos Moreno, Joselu, Kakuta, Ola John, Borja Valle, Rubén Martínez, Roef.
(34)

DECENT (not particularly brilliant, but at least performed close to the level expected from them, more or less):
Borges, Navarro, Arribas, Mosquera, Luis Alberto, Fede Cartabia, Guilherme, Andone.
(8)

SUCCESSFUL (players who overperformed and gave much more level than expected from them):
Lucas Pérez, Juanfran, Sidnei, Babel.
(4)

Feel free to post your own ratings if you're bored as well

Çolak: are you kidding me!! he is atleast DECENT
Fajr, Carles Gil, Ola John: can be considered DECENT
Deporlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 15:54   #37
american123
Seasoned Member

american123 is off the scale

I think we also have to look at the situation of when these players were signed. We were in Segunda and had 0 money. We have to take risks on players and it's obvious some won't be good long term but may be the correct answer short term.

I think the board has done a very good job with the players they've brought in since there has not been a lot of money to spend. Now with the cap lifted 10M we should start to see a shift from loans to young signings which will help the club financially. If we can take 1 player a year and turn him into a star that can be sold for 15M+ I think by 2020 we will be at 0 debt and be able to be a Top 10 team and hopefully begin to compete for Europa League spots.

Abanca sees their is now potential in the club and the end is now in sight. Fabril in 2B will expose more players and more Segunda teams will begin to pay for our players who may not fit with Depor but become good 2nd division players and those small payments will add up. For the first time in a long time, I am excited about the next 5 years for Depor.
american123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 16:05   #38
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Xosé & Carlos!

so in July 2013, we owed 26,5 million EUR to Nova Caixa Galicia (NCG), the predecessor of Abanca. have we ever paid that back?
http://media.lavozdegalicia.es//defa..._deportivo.pdf

what about Banco Gallego? we owed them 9,5 million EUR, then they went bankrupted (I consider not because of us), and Banco Sabadell took them over. should we pay this to Catalans now?

so in the Depor's finance topic I found a nice chat from Feb 2017 with Kevin after an article of Carlos, that I cannot find now. so we cut or paid back 2/3 of our bank debts, in Feb 2017 we still owed 11 million to the banks. do we know anything about that?
back then we seemed to owe 50 million to 3rd party suppliers...

Last edited by DepHun : 02-07-2017 at 16:23.
DepHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 16:58   #39
hari

Peña Member

I believe that the figures mentioned in the last few days are all privileged/short term debts.. may be there is still a significant non-privileged/long term debt..
Old 02-07-2017, 20:32   #40
Blue_Nation
Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepHun
Xosé & Carlos!

so in July 2013, we owed 26,5 million EUR to Nova Caixa Galicia (NCG), the predecessor of Abanca. have we ever paid that back?
http://media.lavozdegalicia.es//defa..._deportivo.pdf

what about Banco Gallego? we owed them 9,5 million EUR, then they went bankrupted (I consider not because of us), and Banco Sabadell took them over. should we pay this to Catalans now?

so in the Depor's finance topic I found a nice chat from Feb 2017 with Kevin after an article of Carlos, that I cannot find now. so we cut or paid back 2/3 of our bank debts, in Feb 2017 we still owed 11 million to the banks. do we know anything about that?
back then we seemed to owe 50 million to 3rd party suppliers...
Don't know exactly the situation, but found the article you talk about, where it says that ABANCA accepted to exchange €13 million of the debt for publicity:
http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/n-news.php?cid=7887

Edit:
http://www.lavozdegalicia.es/noticia...07G1P42993.htm
According to this article, the debt right now is:

45M to ABANCA to pay in 15 years
21M privileged debt with the banks, to pay before 2031
18.5M ordinary debt, to pay before 2031
5.8M subordinated debt, to pay in 17 years after 2031 (2031-2048)

Last edited by Blue_Nation : 02-07-2017 at 21:12.
Old 03-07-2017, 09:08   #41
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Nation
45M to ABANCA to pay in 15 years
21M privileged debt with the banks, to pay before 2031
18.5M ordinary debt, to pay before 2031
5.8M subordinated debt, to pay in 17 years after 2031 (2031-2048)
so that is a yearly 6 million to pay until 2031.
if I understand well, the 18,5 million ordinary debts is the debts towards the players, coaches and suppliers.
Old 20-07-2017, 13:01   #42
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Back to the team:
A few moves, but more or less on the way out:

Arrivals:
Valverde, DM on loan was joined by:
- Valentin - RB
- Bakkali - LW, on loan

We lost:
- Insua CB (that means Sidnei and Rober have to stay)
-Laure RB (Valentin came to cover, nice bargain, but is he really a good solution - we already have an offensive RB); also Valle in the process of reconvertion. Juanfran still might leave?
-Alex DM (Valverde came and took his spot so he left as a gentelman)
-Lux GK (we still have 2 goalies, but no real Nr.1)
-Riera ST (no sub brought, we are playing with fire)
-Fajr OM (Gil has come back, Bicho is here, but he played his season as a winger - so Tino and Barral - please bring one more winger)

From the ex-loanies Gil has returned. The best of the Kakuta,John,Moreno,Joselu,Gil last years offensive loanie power. That should complete the "attacking midfielder also playing on the wing" solution. Fajr seems to be gone and I am sure Gil and Cartabia can easily play behind the striker, so no need for a playmaker adition. Besides Mel is against a playmaker in the center - so we should focus on an aditional winger/striker. I still bealive that we should spend our money on a great LW and use Bakalli and Gama as backups, Bakkali also as a bakup striker.

Players that we (still) don't need:

LB: Saul - is there really a chance that he will stay? He should go out loaned so he can do part of the pre-season.

CM: Still too many players. JD has one year left and should be resided somehow. Borges has to stay, otherwise we need a rela player or count with Exposito - which is highly unlikely.

Offensive players: Bicho. Would benefit from a Segunda team if he played the whole season, otherwise a leader for Fabril and an option to the first team. Valle. Could be reconverted to RB, otherwise I don't think he has enough quality for offensive position in Primera.

Focus on arrival
-Striker. Don't gamble on Lucas alone. One new striker should already be here already. The third striker might be Lucas or Bakkali if he can play upfont.
-Winger. I still like the idea that Bakkali is used as a striker or as a winger. I still feel strongly that one more quality "real" winger - that belong to us, should be brought.
-Goalie. We have two and can start the season, but the quality is a question. Robles seems like a nice option, but don't go overboard with his wage. We still have time to solve this issue.

Other then that we are ready and should only respond to departures. I really hope Sidnei stays (and that Albentosa goes). Juanfran could depart and I am afraid we aren't prepared to substitute them. Borges or Colak would also be a big blow if they go, but I hope that we won't let them go for a "normal" price. Andone mustn't leave at any price.

Focus on 2 strikers or 1 striker + 1 winger should be top, top priority and we should be fine.
Old 20-07-2017, 13:21   #43
hari

Peña Member

good analysis.. IMO, we should try to bring back Ola John (on loan with a buyout) a GK permanently (Joel Robles?) and spend the available money on a decent striker..
Valle, I like him, he is a hard worker, but I am afraid will not stay, the same goes for Saul.. they are both young and should be loaned out to Segunda and Primera respectively..
Old 20-07-2017, 14:00   #44
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

As usual, Iztok you have your finger on the pulse and i agree 95% with your post.

In the general evolution 2016/17 thread, we had a nice conversation in the last 2 or 3 pages. Based on my comments there, I'm intrigued at the exits from the squad so far this summer. Will this mean an end to the "warzone" inside the dressing room, or........???
Rack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-07-2017, 07:31   #45
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

I still find it hard to bealive that we always start our transfer window with the positions that are basically covered, such as RB, CM, CB, etc....but we end up chasing deadlines for the players that we really need. In the last seasons we are missing not just quality, but also quantity in the attacking end - strikers, wingers. We should think (and act) upon those position even before the start of the transfer window otherwise we end up with a headache as always. I know that offense cost more, but we need to be more focused on our needs far before we do now and have many scenarios prepared...just waiting for a big team to maybe loan a player on the deadline is not a real strategy.

When it comes to the warzone: Luisinho, Arribas are still here, losing Lux,Laure,Alex doesn't benefit the cohevines since those guys look like the ones that established at least some sort of order in the lockerroom. Fajr was not satisfied, Kakuta also in some sort of argument so in this sense we can be happy that they are not here anymore, but I bealive that we are still far from the united front.