Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum  

Go Back   Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum > Our forums > Deportivo
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Deportivo Discuss Real Club Deportivo de La Coruña here: its history, matches, Riazor etc.

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 12:55   #31
Xanuco

Xanuco is on a distinguished road

As long as the money goes for signings and not to pay down the debt.
Old 09-09-2014, 16:10   #32
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

Now that the transfer deadline has passed, the big talking point surrounding the team is the formation we should play.
It's no secret that VF favours the 4-3-3, but some local commentators feel that we don't have the correct personnel to play that system. They point to our two centre-forwards, particularly Toche, and say that the 4-3-3 needs a different kind of striker. The feeling is that the second attacking line will be the most important for us and therefore we should use our strengths wisely (i.e. stick with a 4-2-3-1).

This is an interesting argument, but it does involve VF doing something he probably isn't all that keen to do - namely, start Alex and/or Wilk.
A 4-4-2 is very unlikely, given that we only have two recognised CF's and we can't afford to play both simultaneously and risk a double injury.

My gut feeling is that we'll mix and match the systems, maybe employing the 4-2-3-1 away from home. If this happens, VF is lining himself up for a firing squad. He's needs to stick to his guns, rightly or wrongly, and go with a single system. I'm sure the players would prefer that too, instead of chopping and changing from week to week.

Interesting to see how it pans out...........
Old 11-09-2014, 14:25   #33
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Here is a final look into our team after the transfer window:

GK: Lux, Fabri, (David Gomez or Veloso form Fabril). We are OK, one of the fabrilistas used as a 3rd option.

RB: Laure, Juanfran, MP, (Seoane): Juanfran is a new adition and Seoane staying. 4 players for this position is too much, bad managiring in my opinion, problems with minutes and moral is expected. Otherwise Laure was fine in the first games, Juanfran looks like he can play Primera, MP can play a few games and Seoane will probably be on the stands.

LB: Luisinho, Canella - Canella showed some good moves, Luisinho is a good option, so we are OK at the LB

CB: Lopo, Insua, Diakite, Sidnei: The later ones are new aditions completing a normal squad of 4 CB at a team. Both could claim the starting role and it appears managment did a good job with this position.

CM: JD, Alex, Wilk, Jose Rod., Medunjanin. The Bosnian is a new adition that will probably be a fixed starter. Is he as good as Zuculini the time will show, but he is without a doubt more experienced. Jose Rod. also showed interesting things, but is a bit young to carry the weight. Alex and Wilk will need to persuade VF that they are the best option as a defensive midfielder with JD joining Jose Rod. and Medunjanin as a player for the central midfield role. Alex won't be needed at the back with 2 more CBs arriving.

Playmakers: Juan Carlos, Farina; Farina faded when used on the wings, but he was a great playmaker. Will VF use him as a playmaker or as a box-to-box player in a 4-3-3 scheme, or will he be played out of position on the wide forward is the big question. Juan Carlos didn't go out loaned as planned, but could have some opurtunitites as we still don't have as many central midfielders needed for the whole season. Though his minutes will be limited, or could be send to the stands out of revange....again, unfortunatly.

Wingers: Lucas, Cuenca, Cavaleiro, Salomao: Ariz and Rudy left the club, so everything went according to plan, good managiring, only Bojan unfortunatly didn't come. Cuenca showed promise, Cavaleiro also, we patiently await firstly Lucas then Diogo to return. Nice players, only the fear of injuries is legit.

Strikers: Toche, Postiga: Borja left and Postiga came. Maybe it would be better if Borja stayed and we had at least 3 options for the striking role, this is how teams usualy manage thing in the striker zone. Postiga is experienced, old(-ish) and proven. He is about the same profile as Toche, but was better in his best days. Will he take it easy before retirement or explode in Galicia? Mitroglu never came, our best bet for goals, so Helder needs to prove something to the fans. Althogether bad managment as Postiga was a late signing that was never planned and Borja and Luis left without a player to replace them signed or close.

Sum: Quite nice bunch of players that will need time to fit into Victors plans. Victor has to decide in what system will he play, especially having in mind Farina and if he regards him as a key. The question remains who will score goals - Toche didn't show much, can Postiga do the job? Cavaleiro or Lucas could be used out of positon but it is risky. The defense looks like it could bring results, but Victor is not a defensive coach so let's wait and see. Our aerial game will surely improve with Diakite and/or Sidnei. Medunjanin is also one of the players that could be essential to our inspirations, JD will need to wake up and Cuenca/Cavaleiro will need to carry the attacking burdain. Not a totally bad transfer window, but the bigest fishes went away: Mitroglu, Bojan and Zuculinni all could be keys to a Primera team.
The players are here, now a team needs to be formed to fulfill the goal.
Old 11-09-2014, 20:32   #34
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

scoop is an unknown quantity at this point

nice post.
Strike zone still looks weak. I think (hope) we will get some goals from midfield in a significant way to take some pressure off. we havent had that for a long time.

JD, I agree, will def need to wake up and show some of the brilliance we know of.

J Rod looked really good when I see him. what has been most interesting about seeing him is he is not affraid to pass to someone that is double-marked or close-marked and comfortable passing in small spaces. It will keep his team mates on their toes and improve the whole midfield. It can also, if it doesnt work out well, result in an increase in turn-overs. would need to be managed since he is young but I like what I see so far.

I can breathe a little easier now that there are 4 CDs but I dont know a whole lot about them anyway so...

Edit: I'm less certain that we will go back to segunda now lol. team looks much better than the opening two weeks. Now they need to settle in and gel as Iztok said.
Old 11-09-2014, 21:30   #35
depooor
Peña Member

depooor is an unknown quantity at this point

nice post

am really disappointed with VF words about Juan Real especially

JR is a good player with good passes and he has a good stable performance and frankly we need a player like him at least as a substitute but with VF words . I dont believe he will play at all !
Old 12-09-2014, 09:09   #36
Rack
Veteran
Peña Member

Rack is on a distinguished road

This is the team I expect VF to regularly start with in the 4-3-3 formation.

Lux
Laure - Sidnei - Diakite - Luisinho
Juanfran - Haris - J Rod
Cuenca - Postiga - Lucas

It might take some weeks to get to that starting line-up, but when it happens, it looks very mobile and exciting to me. Attacking and direct, we'll score goals for sure, but we'll also leak a few at the other end. A return to the Oltra days?

For away games, I see us using this 4-2-3-1

Lux
Juanfran - Sidnei - Diakite - Luisinho
Haris - J Rod
Cuenca - Farina - Lucas
Postiga

Again, a good looking team on paper, but I'd be concerned at the defensive capabilities of Cuenca and Lucas and we might struggle against teams who deploy width against us.

The novelties in both formations is the benching of our Fabril jewels Alex, Insua and JD, three mainstays of the side over the last few years. Also, Lopo would relegate to the bench, which is a good thing in my book.

With Cavaleiro, Salomao, Laure, Lopo, Alex, Toche and Wilk in reserve, we have experienced and reliable options on the bench.
Old 12-09-2014, 11:18   #37
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

I actually quite like that Rack!
Old 12-09-2014, 20:02   #38
Riazor
Seasoned Member
Peña Member

Riazor is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoop
I actually quite like that Rack!

This is an example of why punctuation can be important
Old 13-09-2014, 03:03   #39
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riazor
This is an example of why punctuation can be important

lol i like a good rack too
Old 21-09-2014, 17:13   #40
Filip
Administrator
Peña Member

Filip is an unknown quantity at this point

Lux is doing a Casillas and it's time to change him for Fab.
Old 21-09-2014, 18:55   #41
walex
Peña Member

walex is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to walex Send a message via Yahoo to walex

Yes Lux is not good for us at all why depor will be playing with this kid of goal keeper it's very bad
Old 24-09-2014, 10:12   #42
Ricardo
Peña Member

Ricardo is an unknown quantity at this point

He needs to be benched for a few games, he is playing with no confidence at all .. big concern!
Old 24-09-2014, 17:50   #43
DepHun
Legend
Peña Member

DepHun is on a distinguished road

when is my Lucas Perez finally back?
Old 25-09-2014, 14:53   #44
scoop
Site Team

Peña Member

i wonder if we can eventually see lucas perez at right wing and juanfran at right back.

or maybe laure/juanfran will continue improving together
Old 07-10-2014, 11:26   #45
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peña Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

Laure's comment after Sevilla game perfectly shows Deportivo now:

"We cannot miss intensity. We were defending too separated and we need to close the lines. Deportivo isn't at its best moment. We need to clench the teeth and learn how to suffer.”

The players seem content and are not fighting (Laure is often exeption). He is also to blame, he is the captain, he needs to fuel the players with fire, he can not just talk to reporters.
Victor on the other hand needs to start working, the tactic is not working, players aren't playing cohesive, their is no colevtive play, just individual sparks. At this level, with this team, that is not enough - to be more exact, that is a wrong tactic.