View Single Post
Old 19-07-2018, 10:07   #1
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point
Default General evolution (2018/2019)

This week it became a bit clearer on the situation of our squad for the upcoming season.

GK: "New face", Gimenez, Francis.
Comparing to the last season we start from scrath and hopefully will find a better formula then Ruben,Pantilimon,Koval and Tyton, who is finally on the verge of leaving Depor.

RB: Valentin,Boveda (Blas).
We are losing Juanfran, Boveda was terrible last year and Valentin didn't get a chance. Maybe we would need a new face, but I think it is OK for Segunda.

LB: Durarbier,Saul,Caballo.
New faces, Saul is established as a Segunda player, Caballo was one of the best of Fabril, the argentine experienced Segunda player. Ditching Luisinho and Navarro is a good thing, giving Saul or Caballo a chance also. Generally I think we will be OK.

CB: Mori,Schar,Sidnei, "New face".
Albentosa seems to be discarded, hope he gets a club and says goodby as soon as possible. Rober would be great, but ends up leaving us. Big question remains on Sidnei and Schar - I really hope at least one of them stays. One and Mujaid are some Fabril options, but we will need a new face or two - we might wait untill the end of the window to find adequate help. This sector on players could go either way -let's hope for the best.

CM: Mosquera,Alex,Borges, Krohn Dehli, Edu, "new man".
From the looks of it, Natxo will want to play a 3 man midfield as he did in Zaragoza. Guilherme should leave, Borges might stay. I don't see us keeping Muntari or Valverde. But I do hope we find one new man - as the last season we didn't present a good central midfield.

Wingers,playmakers: Valle, Sanchez, Cartabia, "1-2 new guys"
From the interwiews we will be using 1 striker + 2 offensive players, only logicall as we probably won't sign 2-3 new strikers. Cartabia would be really beneficial as a rock to built around - moving him more into a playmaker role in my opinion would be a great idea. But we have to convince him to stay. I doubt that Gil will continue, so we need new men. Bicho seems to be in the first team, so maybe he will be counted for. We lost Colak and Bakkali from last season. Colak has quality, so we need a real reinforcment to replace him. If we plan to play 4-2-3-1, we need three new guys. As always one of the most problematic areas to cover in Depor. Hopefully solutions will be better.

Strikers: Santos, Rolan, "new guy"
Rolan would be very usefull, especially since he is proven and would do the whole pre-seson. If not, we need 2 more man. That means mucho dinero. We lost all our strikers Andone,Adrian and Lucas. As always our offensive end is built from scratch. Situation in this sector is worriing...as always.

If we find good offensive players early on and if we fill the gaps at the CB and CM adequatly during the pre-seasons I think we will be fine for Segunda. Let's do this