View Single Post
Old 26-06-2017, 08:03   #12
Iztok
Super-Seasoned
Peņa Member

Iztok is an unknown quantity at this point

We are one week from the start of the pre-season and only one aditional player has arrived:
-Valverde, loan, CM.

We need to sign a winger and I like the names as Amrabat, Ibai Gomez, but its just speculation.
No news about striker(s), since Andone is the only one left (Ok, also Riera is in the squad).
From what we gather Moreno, Kakuta, Joselu are gone, Gil and John are almost not an option. The clubs are selling them, we aren't buying them. End of story, or maybe a loan at the end of the transfer window, nevertheless this 5 loanies aren't/shouldn't be considered core. There is no news on Roef, but probably we aren't interested and he has a ling term contract in Brussels.

Renewals: Navaro - automatic, Juanfran - no direct news but he is/ will be ours, but maybe sold soon? Guilherme - signed and payed (around 5 M), hope he will become our piller in midfield.

Players that we don't need (right now):

GK:Tyton. Lux is probably gone, Ruben could stay and Tyton should be sent out - a wish from both sides - but we need a new starting goalie, which could delay the operation.

LB: Saul - Luisinho and Navarro are staying, so he needs to be loaned already and come back in top shape for the next season, since L and N are ending contract. No need to wait with the operation.

CB: Two many players. I hope Sidnei, Insua, Arribas stay, but the first two have offers. 1/2 have to go. Rober is the active option, but Sidnei and/or Insua could end up leaving for money. Hope Rober is the one going. This could end up messy with Arribas and Albentosa the only one staying and newcomers claiming 2 aditional positions.

CM: Two many players. JD has one year left and should be resided somehow. He won't get a chance and should play in Segunda. Selling Borges now that Valverde is here should be a big option. We could earn money and clear the Fgn spot. If not, then Alex will have to leave, he is also on the last year of contract. 4 CM is enough. No need to wait with the decisions here aswell.

AM: Bicho. I don't know his case, but he probably isn't a candidate for the A team. Could stay with Fabril or on a loan - there is still time to decide.

ST: Riera. Probably not good enough, one year of contract left. We need to bring at least 2 strikers or 1 + Riera stays. I don't know if Osasuna would still want him, or any other Segunda team, he probably won't get a Primera team, so he might be reluctant to leave. Since there is no activity to bring in strikers, he has to stay for now.

At least Saul and the midfield situation could be decided already, but nothing is happening.