Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Former players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   ex-Jonathan Rodriguez (born in 1993, striker) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8406)

caabrego 19-08-2015 23:00

ex-Jonathan Rodriguez (born in 1993, striker)

Full name Jonathan Javier RodrŪguez Portillo
Date of birth 6 July 1993 (age 22)
Place of birth Florida, Uruguay
Height 1.81 m (5 ft 11 1⁄2 in)
Playing position Forward

depooor 20-08-2015 00:30

with all respect to the Uruguayan league his goals don't mean that much here. hopefully he is not one of these loanes who come and go not noticed

deporenrique 20-08-2015 03:56

Does anybody remember Omar Bravo?? This is the lower edition...

Iztok 20-08-2015 07:19

He is a national team player and played two great season in Uruguay aged 20-21. He must have a lot of talent me thinks.

He didn't do anything in Benfica last year (arriving in the winter), though he scored a lot of goals in the Portugese 2nd tier in a couple of games he played. Not a lot of players can make such a transition (continent, league level, competivness in a team) and succed right away. But some have also failed althogether, so there should be some fear from our side aswell.

Goals come from him, potential is there, but can he adapt to Europe and does he have what is takes to be a Primera player. I trust in Tabarez, so if he plays for Uruguay, he will become a footballer. Fingers crossed for Jonathan and all the best to him (and us).

deporik 20-08-2015 11:03

I feel sorry for this guy because of the way he has indirectly been introduced to the fans.

Because there was this thing about us signing a top striker, we are now a bit dissapointed because he isn't what most of us were hoping for. However, if nothing was said about signing a "top" striker, then we would probably be looking at him in a more positive way, thinking of his potential a bit more.

american123 20-08-2015 11:21

I like the signing a lot but it is someone who will take time to develop. I think Riera will start off the season as he gets used to Primera and the new team but after a few weeks I think he will be the starter in the 2nd half of the season. A lot of potential and hopefully can have a good year for us. If he scores 8-10 goals it is a steal for Depor.

D.TRISTAN 20-08-2015 11:33

I think it's official. A bit disappointed.

scoop 20-08-2015 11:45

I dunno I watch the video and he reminds me of pandiani the way he runs and shoots.

I'm optimistic. all the best son.

caabrego 20-08-2015 16:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporenrique
Does anybody remember Omar Bravo?? This is the lower edition...

I assume you know it because you have watched all his games. Isnít? ;)

Look, I assume you all are tired of Uruguayan strikers that end to be the biggest flops at Deportivo, but thereís something different with this guy. I have read people that usually donít care about Depor and that are experts in the game now saying that we have made a very good choice. He just spent 6 months at Befica, so don't pay attention to the fact that he obly played once there.

We will see.

Filip 20-08-2015 17:36

i find the news-section about this guy very offensive :D it talkes like Club Brugge is bigger than us???
Club Brugge is a collective of farmers and former rubgy-players kicking a ball in their free time!

deporenrique 20-08-2015 19:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego
I assume you know it because you have watched all his games. Isnít? ;)

Look, I assume you all are tired of Uruguayan strikers that end to be the biggest flops at Deportivo, but thereís something different with this guy. I have read people that usually donít care about Depor and that are experts in the game now saying that we have made a very good choice. He just spent 6 months at Befica, so don't pay attention to the fact that he obly played once there.

We will see.

Yes I have watched Omar Bravo in many many games, and we all knew he wasn't gonna score 10 goals in a season, and we signed him anyways! SAME WITH THIS GUY!

I hope he proves us all wrong, and pulls a Griezmann Sociedad season. YOU NEVER KNOW!

caabrego 20-08-2015 20:51

I was asking if you have watched Jonathan :D

deporenrique 20-08-2015 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by caabrego
I was asking if you have watched Jonathan :D

I have only watched part of a friendly game he played this pre-season, and whatever is on youtube about him.

Maybe the president will surprise us with a big signing next week!

Riazor warriors 20-08-2015 21:13

Welcome Galactico

nitraM 21-08-2015 01:01

We've had bad luck with Uruguayians since Pandiani.
Estoyanoff
Taboarda