Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Depor coach: Fernando Vázquez (born in 1954) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7853)

Fabian 11-02-2013 22:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by vink
Irureta dressed like a butcher going to a funeral, and he's the best coach we ever had. Who cares?

Lol, are you knocking the shirt and tie under gore-tex look?

Ricardo 11-02-2013 23:16

Fernandez looks like someone who will help to develop our youth players, he knows the club very well and he knows the Spanish league.
So even if we dont manage to stay up, he could be a good manager for us over the next 2-3 years, obviously based on positive results on the pitch. Lets see how he gets on - Good luck Fernando.

valeron21 11-02-2013 23:17

welcome vazquez to the sinking ship called depor...so try to fix the ship and put back the damaged ship into normal water vessel :D

its interesting to see what are his preferences for tactics and players...a new start for some players or...usual ugly faces every time (evlado..)

Bebeto 27 12-02-2013 01:32

Here's hoping for a miracle. Come on mr Vázquez, make it happen!!!

Deporlover 12-02-2013 01:33

Nothing will change except names, the rest is the same shit

MolinaFan 12-02-2013 08:04

When I first saw his image I thought it was Irureta who had hair transplantation :D

Wish him best of luck!

DepHun 12-02-2013 09:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ricardo
Fernandez looks like someone who will help to develop our youth players, he knows the club very well and he knows the Spanish league.

yeah, in the last 6 years from the TV, from the newspapers and from the stands maybe... although I am not a coach, I have quite similar sources. ;)

ggeorg 12-02-2013 11:11

Of course developing the youth isn't a matter of an emergency solution at mid-season, because the Portuguese project failed.
I laughed on the comments of Lendoiro about the goal of deportivo, of the represenation of Galicia.
Very probably Lendoiro has run out of tricks, so he's trying that naive approach to turn depor more galician-centric, after the dissaproval of the Portuguese project.

Anw, even this cheap populism is sth to me, at these such dark momments. Vazquez on a blue-white scarf at Riazor, getting a few Fabril players at trainings, giving JD a more protagonist role, and such things, will probably offer nth at sporting level, but they will do good to our morale :)

Ricardo 12-02-2013 12:19

We all know that the club has lost its identity, we have very few players who are proud to wear the shirt and give even 80% effort every game.
It could take 6 months, it could take 2 years before we will have 15 members of the squad pumped up and ready to tackle each game.
A massive clear out is required and we will need to go back to basics, back to our roots.
I know Celta are sitting 3rd from bottom at the moment, but at least they have the majority of their players from last year (Promotion) and most of the team are home grown - sadly we cannot say the same.
We got promoted and lost all of our best players and replaced them with poor players.
Hopefully Fernandez will be able to work with: Filipe Ramos, Juan Carlos, Seoane, Insua, Rochela, JuanDo, Tela and Alex, and help develop them to a higher level.

Carril 12-02-2013 17:34

This really is our last hope. If we can't improve our game and start putting points on the board, we're doomed. I think our first focus needs to be defense. The last time we were in this situation, we switched to 3 centerbacks and started scoring more goals and allowing less. I think this is a change we really need to consider. Defend first and attack later. We have the speed to perform quick counters, we just need to defend well.

Rack 12-02-2013 18:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carril
This really is our last hope. If we can't improve our game and start putting points on the board, we're doomed. I think our first focus needs to be defense. The last time we were in this situation, we switched to 3 centerbacks and started scoring more goals and allowing less. I think this is a change we really need to consider. Defend first and attack later. We have the speed to perform quick counters, we just need to defend well.

The complete opposite to my suggestion of an attacking formation, Carrill. I'm sure you've the same outlook as me - you won't care which way it's done as long as it works. ;)

Riazor warriors 12-02-2013 23:51

Be our Hero & save us PLEASE.....

Sultan 13-02-2013 08:51

I think benching some players can be a winning card incase things don't work out! Just make a couple of examples!

tonideportivoBG 13-02-2013 09:58

Make us, love you :)
Good luck!

Carril 13-02-2013 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rack
The complete opposite to my suggestion of an attacking formation, Carrill. I'm sure you've the same outlook as me - you won't care which way it's done as long as it works. ;)

Haha exactly, I just referenced it since it worked when we were in this position with Lotina. But I will take whatever works as long as we start putting up points :D