Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum

Deportivo-La-Coruna.com Forum (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/index.php)
-   Current players & coaches (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Depor coach: Fernando Vázquez (born in 1954) (http://www.deportivo-la-coruna.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7853)

DepHun 05-11-2013 10:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by deporiginal
The problem is that our situation is much more dire than Celta's situation was. I don't think we can afford to stay in Segunda for 5 years. We need to get promoted as soon as possible, even if we have a 90% chance of getting relegated straight back.

This is gonna be off-topic, but I blame Lendoiro the most for not recognising, and even denying the financial and SPORTING disaster around 2010-2012. Even when being down in segunda 11-12, he wasted one full year, and did not search better than average segunda players to base Depor on, and we wasted one more year with the Portugal invasion.

ggeorg 05-11-2013 11:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by DepHun
This is gonna be off-topic, but I blame Lendoiro the most for not recognising, and even denying the financial and SPORTING disaster around 2010-2012. Even when being down in segunda 11-12, he wasted one full year, and did not search better than average segunda players to base Depor on, and we wasted one more year with the Portugal invasion.

If we are to repeat this, what's the point of getting promoted, just to getting relegated the next season?
To reduce the debt, noone going to pay?

DepHun 05-11-2013 11:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ggeorg
If we are to repeat this, what's the point of getting promoted, just to getting relegated the next season?
To reduce the debt, noone going to pay?

in sporting sense, there is no point (as Rik mentioned, among some doubts, somewhere as well), for sure. I think, the sporting chance to base a good combination of good segunda players, and home-grown players, with a very-very few Mendes-baby went away in 2012 summer, forever. We all know, who was in charge.
For financial minded people like Greg, there is a point to promote, namely the 20M EUR TV-contract. Maybe not to reduce the debts, but to not grow them. I can understand that point, but I am with those who rather deals with the sporting methods. And on the long term of sport, a prompt promotion can be even bad.:eek:

Philip 05-11-2013 12:53

Personally, I would consider the promotion this season, having in my mind our financial situation, as a step back. Because, let's get real, nothing much can be changed regarding the players, and with the current squad we would get relegated even before the season started. Or even worse, we would get numerous loanies again, and our players would be warming the bench again.

Anyway, this not a discusion for a FV's topic.

Sultan 05-11-2013 14:21

I thought clinching the permanence was easy last season but let it get out of hand with mediocre coaches and bad dressing room environment.

also I want to add that the level of the bottom 10 of primera has dropped this season and keeps dropping every season (even the top 7 behind the big 3). If this team promotes and gets a new coach and a couple of players next summer and work hard, it would not be difficult to stay in primera.

DepHun 05-11-2013 15:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sultan
I thought clinching the permanence was easy last season but let it get out of hand with mediocre coaches and bad dressing room environment.

also I want to add that the level of the bottom 10 of primera has dropped this season and keeps dropping every season (even the top 7 behind the big 3).

when reading something like this, relegation candidate Malaga's (full of un-paid players) last year falling down from CL against world-wide celebrated Dortmund comes to my mind. ;)

scoop 21-11-2013 03:39

he must be the most suspended manager in football

Rack 21-11-2013 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoop
he must be the most suspended manager in football

If we start dropping points when he's in the stands, he'll get both barrells from me and Greg!! ;)

deporiginal 22-11-2013 20:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rack
If we start dropping points when he's in the stands, he'll get both barrells from me and Greg!! ;)

Damn straight! :D

Rack 13-02-2014 17:49

Ok, I'm here to bash FV a little bit and to point out his incredible & ongoing mistakes from now on.

v Murcia - brings on Sissoko with 13 minutes left even though he admits that he (Sissoko) is overweight and mentality not at his best.
v Murcia - admits in his press conference the following Wednesday that some players are defending set-pieces by 'zonal marking' and others do it 'man-to-man'. FV is the one to decide the system. If there are dissentors (as he suggests), this is because he's too weak/tactically naive to impress his system on the players.

Btw, I'll also be the first to praise him..........when he deserves it. :D

Iztok 14-02-2014 10:14

Yes we can blame FV for all the things you suggest Kevin. But have in mind we changed the motor of our team - Culio and all the team needs to adapt to Rabello and Salomao on the pitch. (also vise-versa ofcourse). Our offensive game has changed quite drastically.

That doesn't mean that FV's decisions are good, but it means that all those mistakes wouldn't be seen if our team worked fine and create enough opportunity to end up with a 3-1 victory. Then Sissoko's 15 minutes wouldn't matter and also FV's authority in regard to systems would be on a much higher level. In Sabadell game we wern't fluent and neither were we on this week. We need time and game practice. And I agree our systematic errors come out if we don't play our game. The errors that should have been repaired a long long time ago.

deporiginal 14-02-2014 13:53

The fact is that now we have real velocity on our wings, and FV hasn't changed a thing to play into that fact. Our main qualities are on the wing, our center is much weaker. If he keeps the 4-2-3-1, with the players we have right now... Madness.

Not to mention the fact that he plays on the draw most of the times. Keep the clean sheet, and hope that we'll be lucky enough to score a goal. Even the last team in the standings has a much more fluent offensive game than we do. And they don't have Luisinho and Salomao. We don't score a lot of goals because we're easy to defend. All we can do is score from set pieces or from individual actions. How many actual team goals have we scored in the first 25 games? 5, maybe? Those numbers are absolutely atrocious.

Now he starts introducing zone defense and other crap we don't need. Even most players don't like the idea of zone defense, he admitted it himself.

aldo 14-02-2014 16:17

Quote:

The fact is that now we have real velocity on our wings, and FV hasn't changed a thing to play into that fact. Our main qualities are on the wing, our center is much weaker. If he keeps the 4-2-3-1, with the players we have right now... Madness.

I really don't think the 4-2-3-1 is a negative factor here. Why wouldn't we be able to make use of our wings with a 4-2-3-1? There are plenty of examples where that worked for teams, including us during the glory days. Actually I think it's a system that suits wingers quite well, because with two pivotes one is always there to cover for him. Much better than a 4-4-2 anyway where wingers have a lot of defensive duties to take care of. And we can't play 4-3-3 either because you'd need another JD type of player, not an attacking playmaker like Rabello.

What I really think the problem is here is that FV doesn't practice our offensive game in trainings enough. I don't see any other explanation as to why these players of whom most are far above 90% of the league quality-wise, are unable to put together a couple of half-decent combinations per game leading to goal scoring opportunities. You need to practice all kinds of different movements for different situations in the game for the players to even know what they're supposed to do, and seeing what I see week in week out, I really can't imagine FV is doing that enough.

DepHun 14-02-2014 16:58

Quote:

All we can do is score from set pieces

be a little more fair with FV, please. :wink: set pieces goals conceeded are mistake of the coach, while set pieces goals scored are not his merit. Do I interprete you correctly?

Quote:

Now he starts introducing zone defense and other crap we don't need. Even most players don't like the idea of zone defense, he admitted it himself.

do you really debate with the Waiter, and his stats at Liverpool?:-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldo
I don't see any other explanation as to why these players of whom most are far above 90% of the league quality-wise, are unable to put together a couple of half-decent combinations per game leading to goal scoring opportunities.

I think the reason why they are unable to put together a couple of acceptable combination denies your opinion about them being far above the league. Without practising, they should be able to do basic things... And they have been together, well, since mid August. Even if the trainings are bad, they had 28 prize-games together. ;)

Rack 19-02-2014 18:15

"Luis should have taken the penalty (v Sporting), but Borja took the responsibility. That's fine with me."

WRONG!! It's up to you to assign the penalty taker, boss........